Your Trusted Outlet Installation Expert in Lakeland, FL
Choose Mr. Electric of Lakeland When Installing an Outlet
Homeowners throughout Lakeland, Plant City, Winter Haven, FL and the surrounding communities trust Mr. Electric of Lakeland to repair, replace, and install electrical outlets in their homes. Electrical technology is continually improving, providing residents with safer, more efficient options. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of electricians can handle any size outlet installation project regardless of the size of your home and the number of outlets needing to be replaced. While replacing one outlet may seem like a DIY project, you risk serious injury if it’s completed incorrectly. Let our electricians ensure your family is safe and your power needs are met. Find the best time to replace your outlets and the benefits of a new installation. Speak to our team to get started today.
What Is a GFCI Outlet?
Ground fault circuit interrupter outlets are designed to monitor minor variations in electrical charge. It can be most easily identified by the “test” and “reset” buttons found on the faceplate. To ensure your GFCI outlets are working, press the “test” button, then plug in a device that uses minimal power to ensure no power is running through it. Press the “reset” button to allow power into the outlet again. GFCI outlets are required in many places inside and outside the home where water is present, including:
- Spa & Pool Area (1971)
- Exterior Spaces (1973)
- Bathrooms (1975)
- Garages (1978)
- Kitchen Countertops (1987)
- Crawlspaces and Basements (1990)
- Wet Bars (1993)
- Laundry and Utility Sinks (2005)
When’s the Right Time for an Outlet Installation?
Whether you need our electricians to upgrade an existing outlet or install a new one, you can always trust us to deliver exactly what you need for your home. Our Neighborly Done Right Promise backs all our electrical work, so you can feel confident it’s completed the first time correctly. When you meet with our electricians, we’ll take the time to understand the size and scope of your project to ensure the best results. Knowing the right time to update your home’s outlets is crucial as a homeowner. Schedule your electrical outlet installation or repair if you’re experiencing any of the following issues, including:
- Burn Marks – Improperly installed and old outlets can cause a significant injury risk. Replacement is necessary if you notice any soot or burn marks around the plug holes.
- Sparks – If sparks ignite when you plug or unplug an appliance from your outlet, it’s a sign there’s something wrong with the connection, outlet, or wiring.
- Required Access – You shouldn’t need extension cords to reach your basement, garage, shed, or bedroom outlets. Let our team install a new outlet or switch to make your home’s electricity more accessible.
- Loose Receptacle – Your outlets shouldn’t shift, push, or pull when plugging in an appliance. Loose receptacles are more prone to causing house fires.
- Two-Pronged Outlets – Two-pronged outlets are dangerous because they don’t have a grounding port. If there were a sudden electricity surge to the outlet, the additional voltage would pass through your device or you.
- Burning Smell – When plugging an appliance into your outlet causes a burning smell, it could mean there’s an issue occurring in the connection.
- Damage – If the outlet faceplate is cracked, melted, or shows any sign of damage, it’s crucial to ensure the outlet hasn’t been impacted.
Discover the Benefits of a New Outlet installation
Homeowners rely on electricity to provide comfort and convenience to their homes. However, if their electrical outlets begin to fail, it can cause unsafe conditions and lead to a fire hazard and electrocution risk. Mr. Electric of Lakeland is committed to providing our customers with the best electrical home solutions. When you choose us for your new outlet installation, we’ll take the time to ensure you know exactly what the issue is and how we plan on correcting it. We’ll also make sure you’re aware of the benefits of our services, including the following:
- Better Electrical Accessibility
- Reduces Electrocution Risk
- Prevents Electrical Fires
- Increases Home’s Value
- Stays Compliant With Electrical Codes
- Adds Convenience
Trusted Electrician for Outlet Installation
Homeowners throughout Lakeland, FL and the surrounding communities trust Mr. Electric of Lakeland for all their electrical outlet installations. You can trust our team to provide the proper type of outlet to match your needs and keep your home safe. We have the skills, knowledge, and experience to handle any outlet installation project, regardless of the size or scope. You can feel confident choosing Mr. Electric of Lakeland because all our services are backed by our Neighborly Done Right Promise. Contact our electricians today to get started on your electrical outlet installation service.