Electrical Code Updates & Corrections in Lakeland, FL
Mr. Electric of Lakeland Will Keep You Safe and Compliant
Homeowners throughout Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, FL trust the professionals at Mr. Electric of Lakeland to ensure their property is up to code with electrical code updates and corrections. Every year faulty electrical wiring is responsible for tens of thousands of house fires and over $600 million in property damage. Bringing your home up to code is the safest and easiest way to identify issues with your wiring and protect you, your family, and your property. Our licensed electricians stay up to date on the National Electrical Code, so you can feel confident your home is safe. Learn more about how the National Electrical Code is designed to protect your property from fire hazards, then contact our team to schedule your inspection today.
Does My Home Require Electrical Updates?
The National Electrical Code was first published in 1897 to create a nationwide standard for electrical safety in homes and businesses. It provides guidance for design, installation, and inspection to protect people and their property from electrical hazards. At Mr. Electric of Lakeland, we take electrical safety very seriously. We’re committed to ensuring your home is safe for you and your family. We strictly follow the National Electrical Code to help reduce accidents and minimize fire hazards. If your home doesn’t match the most recent safety codes, you can trust our team to take corrective action.
Learn About the 10 Most Important Recent Electrical Updates
The 2020 edition of the National Electrical Code includes numerous updates to help better protect home and business owners from electrical hazards. These changes cover a wide range of topics, including EV charging stations and basement receptacles. Our trained and experienced electricians can come to your home, identify inconsistencies, and make the necessary changes to ensure you’re up to date with the National Electrical Code. Learn more about the 10 most significant changes to the National Electrical Code, including the following:
- One- and two-family dwellings must install an exterior emergency shut-off to allow safer working conditions for emergency responders.
- Updates to rules regarding service disconnect have been added to make it safer for electricians.
- Load calculation tables have been updated to reflect modern improvements in energy efficiency.
- Cables and wires exposed along the wall and ceiling of your property must be covered.
- Basement electrical outlets must all be converted to GFCI outlets.
- The NEC has added a new section regarding the design, safety, and installation of ethernet cables, which are typically used for computers.
- Solar-generated solar energy storage requirements have been updated to meet homes’ ever-changing needs and capabilities.
- Requirements for home surge protection, especially those regarding hard-wired smoke alarms, have been enhanced.
- A new update has been added to guide homeowners on transferring power from electrical vehicle batteries to residential wiring.
When’s the Best Time to Schedule Electrical Code Updates?
The electricians at Mr. Electric of Lakeland are well-versed in the National Electrical Code. Every three years, the NEC is updated to offer guidance on better protecting your home from electrical hazards. Our team follows a comprehensive inspection process to ensure no aspect of your home’s electrical system is overlooked. Once we’ve completed our assessment, we’ll make recommendations to help bring your home up to code. Staying current on electrical codes will give you peace of mind knowing your property and family are safe. The best time to schedule your National Electrical Code inspection and update include the following:
- Purchasing a New Home – The home-buying process is frantic. However, ensuring the new home is safe for you and your family should be a top priority. We can inspect the home you intend on purchasing to ensure it is up to code.
- Selling Your Home – Make sure there are no unforeseen hurdles during the home selling process by scheduling your electrical code update and correction service. We can identify issues with your home’s electrical that may stall the selling process.
- Home Over 40 Years Old – Residential electrical technology is evolving to become safer and more efficient. If you have an old, outdated system, we can update it for your safety.
Rely on Mr. Electrical of Lakeland for Electrical Code Updates
Homeowners throughout Lakeland, FL and the surrounding communities trust Mr. Electric of Lakeland to ensure their home is updated to meet the latest National Electrical Code upgrades and corrections. Our expert team of electricians has the tools, skills, and knowledge to help bring your home up to code. Safety is our top priority, and whether you’ve been in your home for decades or purchasing a new one, scheduling a home electrical code update will protect you and your family from any potential harm from unseen electrical hazards. We follow a comprehensive inspection process to ensure nothing is overlooked. Contact our team today to schedule your service.