Scheduling routine home electrical safety inspections will reduce your risk of needing costly electrical repairs. Electrical safety inspection services uncover hidden safety issues and defects and help your electrician plan electrical repairs and new electrical installations. At Mr. Electric of Lakeland, we offer free electrical safety inspections in Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, FL as part of every service call. Our electrical safety inspection services can identify fire hazards, improper or faulty wiring, overloaded circuits, improperly rated outlets, and more. Call us today to schedule a safety inspection to maintain the electrical safety of your home.
Determine if You Need a Safety Inspection
We complete electrical safety inspection services in conjunction with all service calls, and you can also schedule one if you are selling your home, moving into a new home, installing new appliances, renovating or remodeling your home, or if you aren’t sure when your last home electrical safety inspection was conducted. We recommend that homeowners schedule safety inspections every 10 years. Here’s a look at when you should schedule an electrical safety inspection of your home:
- Your last electrical safety inspection was 10 or more years ago.
- Your home is over 25 years old, and your last safety inspection was over three years ago.
- You are a landlord or own a rental property and your last safety inspection was over three years ago, or you have a new tenant moving in.
- You plan on purchasing a new home or have just moved into a new home.
- You are planning renovations, remodeling, or a home addition.
- You are going to install new high-energy appliances like a washing machine, dryer, or dishwasher.
- Your home appliances were installed over 10 years ago.
- Your insurance company requires an electrical safety inspection.
- Electrical issues have come up or you suspect there may be a safety concern.
Go Over Our Electrical Safety Inspection Services
Our home electrical safety inspections can identify potential electrical hazards, uncover issues from past homeowners, and determine if your home is up to modern electrical safety codes established by the National Electrical Code. During each home electrical safety inspection, we will assess:
- All appliances
- Electrical wiring, including in new construction, homes you are considering purchasing, newly purchased homes, and before, during, and after home renovations, remodels, and additions.
- Fire, carbon monoxide, and other safety alarm systems.
- The energy-efficiency and safety of all current electrical systems.
- All electrical switches and outlets, including GFCI outlets, surge protectors, receptacles, grounding systems, and all other electrical components.
- Light bulb wattage.
- Shock or electrocution hazards.
- AFCI operation.
- Safety and security lighting.
- Electrical panel and circuit breaker inspections.
- Outdoor electrical systems.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."