EV Chargers in Lakeland, FL
Providing EV Charger Installation & Service at Homes
As more people start driving electric vehicles for work, errands, and personal ventures, the demand for convenient electric vehicle (EV) chargers has gone up. If you own an electric vehicle and could benefit from the safety and convenience our state-of-the-art home charging stations offer drivers like you, Mr. Electric of Lakeland’s seasoned electrical experts will gladly sell and install the best EV charger for your driving habits and needs. You can turn to us for a high-quality assortment of the EV industry’s most advanced, fully-featured charging systems. After choosing your charger, we perform quick and effective electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation and service at your Lakeland, Plant City, or Winter Haven, FL home. Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can keep your electric vehicle moving.
What Is an EVSE Charger for Your Home?
EVSE chargers provide electric energy to conveniently recharge your electric vehicle at your own home instead of hunting down nearby charging stations. Mr. Electric of Lakeland has electric vehicle charging devices available on three levels, including the following:
- Level 1 Charger – The Level 1 charger is a standard device most electric vehicle dealers include with your vehicle purchase, and you can plug yours into any regular three-prong outlet. You don’t need to install this charger, but it does charge your vehicle batteries slower than all other levels. Level 1 EVSE chargers are most suitable for charging your vehicle overnight and can take at least 20 hours to charge it completely.
- Level 2 Charger – The Level 2 charger is a little more advanced and requires a licensed electrical professional to install it in your garage with its own dedicated 240-volt circuit. Level 2 chargers will fully charge your vehicle in about three hours, which is significantly faster than a Level 1 charger. Today, more electric vehicle manufacturers include a Level 2 charger when a driver purchases an electric vehicle.
- Level 3 Charger – The Level 3 charger is a standalone device, and you’ve likely seen this version at public EV charging stations. You can use this charger to add 160 miles of driving range to your vehicle’s battery in around 30 minutes. However, their industrial-level power draw makes installing a Level 3 charger unavailable to homeowners. We may possibly be able to install this charger if you work at or own an industrial building.
Which Type of EVSE Charger is Right for My Needs?
You will need to select the right EV charger type based on your average driving habits and how quickly you need to charge your vehicle. Many electric vehicle drivers can manage using a Level 1 charger at their homes. However, investing in a Level 2 charger installation may be a wise choice if you discover you need to recharge your vehicle in the late morning or midday hours. Our service professionals can guide you through our wide selection to choose an EV charger that fits your home or business and ensures your vehicle is available whenever you need it. Mr. Electric of Lakeland has ample experience matching electric vehicle owners with the perfect charger for their unique driving needs.
EVSE Charger Installation Services in Lakeland, FL
When you hire the experienced professionals at Mr. Electric of Lakeland to install a Level 2 charger at your home, you can count on the following as part of our services:
- Full equipment inspection before installation
- Ensure we install your new equipment following manufacturer specifications by performing a site inspection
- Upgrade your home’s electrical system, which typically includes a new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring to ensure your system supports a quicker-charging Level 2 charger
- EVSE equipment installation, conforming to all National Electrical Code and local permit/code requirements
- Equipment verification to ensure it functions properly in its operational environment
- Provide complete EVSE information to each customer on correct usage, equipment features, necessary maintenance, limitations, and warranty terms
Contact Mr. Electric Today to Install Your EV Charger
Mr. Electric has completed over 7,000 EV charger installations to date. Our years of experience and impressive expertise have developed our robust EV charging solution portfolio. You can rely on us for EVSE charging stations while we touch every part of your installation process with circuit protection equipment in Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Plant City, FL. For EV charging solutions at your home, contact Mr. Electric of Lakeland’s professional team today to learn more and schedule service.