Upgrade to Retrofit Lighting in Land O’ Lakes, Florida
Is It Time to Retrofit Your Light Fixtures?
If your light fixtures are outdated, you can upgrade them without the cost or hassle of completely replacing them. Mr. Electric of Land O' Lakes installs retrofit lighting in Land O’ Lakes, Florida. Installing a new fixture can put a dent in your budget. On top of that, many homeowners want modern lights without removing the fixtures they know and love. Retrofitting is the solution to all of these problems. Lighting that is retrofitted maintains the existing fixture while replacing the internal components, such as the socket or wiring. This allows homeowners to make the upgrade to lights that are easier on their eyes or more energy efficient. Learn more about our retrofit lighting services.
Can I Retrofit My Lights for LED Bulbs?
When it comes to retrofitting lights, LED retrofitting is one of the most popular forms. The word retrofit means “to convert.” So, LED retrofitting is the act of making changes to an existing light fixture so that it can use LED bulbs. There are a few benefits to doing this. First, you can cut your energy costs significantly. LED bulbs use 90% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. So, you can save money and the environment at the same time.
Additionally, LED retrofitting is a great idea when you have light fixtures in places that are difficult to access. If you find yourself climbing a ladder to replace a bulb every month or two, retrofitting to LED light bulbs is the way to go. LED bulbs are known to last up to 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. Mr. Electric of Land O' Lakes can take nearly any light fixture in your home and turn it into an LED light.
Signs That You’re Ready for Retrofitting
It’s not always easy to tell when it’s time to retrofit your lights. Sometimes it’s obvious, like when you have energy-guzzling ceiling lights that are not retrofitted. However, there are some common signs that you should consider upgrading your light fixtures to something more modern. It’s estimated that 75% of homes will use LED lights in the next ten years. So, it’s likely that you will want to make the upgrade sooner or later. Some of the signs that it’s time to retrofit your lighting include:
- The lights in your home are five to 10 years old
- You get complaints from tenants, employees, or guests about the harshness of your fluorescent lighting
- It is time to modernize the appearance of your property
- Energy costs are higher than you would like
- Light fixtures in hard-to-reach areas require routine maintenance
Enjoy the Benefits of Retrofitting Your Lights
You might find yourself drawn to retrofitting your lights for many reasons, from energy savings to improved light quality. While retrofitting isn’t the right choice for everyone, any budget-conscientious property owner should know the amazing advantages of retrofitting your light fixtures. If you need help installing new light fixtures, Mr. Electric of Land O' Lakes can help you with that too. Some of the advantages of retrofitting your lights include the following:
- Energy Efficiency – The older your light fixtures are, the less energy efficient they will be. By upgrading to a newer bulb type, you can significantly cut your energy consumption. LED light bulbs require a fraction of the energy to run when compared to fluorescent or incandescent bulbs.
- Lower Maintenance – Outdated light fixtures require more maintenance, from replacing bulbs to performing lighting repairs. When we retrofit lights, they will operate like brand-new fixtures, requiring less maintenance overall.
- Improved Light Quality – If your current light fixtures use incandescent light bulbs or fluorescent light bulbs, you probably notice that the light quality is pretty poor. This can easily be fixed by leveling up your lights to LEDs or any other modern bulb type.
- Enhanced Aesthetics – Retrofitting your lights doesn’t just offer functional benefits. It will make your whole building look better.
Schedule a Retrofit Lighting Appointment Now!
Mr. Electric of Land O' Lakes has helped countless homeowners and business owners retrofit their lighting. Our services are all performed by friendly and knowledgeable technicians from the local Land O’ Lakes, Port Richey, and Zephyrhills areas. When you work with us, you can count on getting world-class service from the area’s top specialists. We always offer upfront pricing, so you’ll always know the cost of retrofitting your lights ahead of time. We even offer convenient appointment times that fit perfectly into your schedule. Schedule your retrofit lighting appointment today!