Kitchen and Bathroom Lighting in Birmingham, AL
Picking the Right Kitchen and Bathroom Lights
Certain rooms in your home need specialized lighting. Your kitchen and bathroom are two such rooms. Whether you’re chopping vegetables or looking in the mirror, you want lighting that hits all the right angles. At the same time, you need light fixtures that can withstand the humidity and heat in these rooms. The licensed electricians at Mr. Electric of Birmingham provide the perfect kitchen and bathroom lighting for homeowners in the Birmingham, Alabama area. We can help you create a lighting design that accentuates the best parts of your kitchen and bathroom. At the same time, we can make the lighting in these rooms clearer and more visible than ever before. Learn more about our bathroom and kitchen lighting.
Cast Your Bathroom or Kitchen in a Whole New Light
Homeowners often assume their lighting fixtures are set and unchangeable. When you have a team of professional electricians by your side, you actually have a lot more control of your home’s kitchen and bathroom lights than you may realize. Our team can help you upgrade the lighting in your home, whether you want canned lighting on a dimmer switch or accent lighting under cabinets. You’ll be amazed by the difference you can make by simply installing new bathroom and kitchen ceiling lights.
Types of Lighting for Your Bathroom
You can completely revamp the way your bathroom looks by simply installing new lighting fixtures. By increasing your control over which areas you light, you can make your bathroom a more comfortable and soothing place. Some of the types of bathroom lighting we install include:
- Ceiling Lighting – The right ceiling lighting in your bathroom can make the room look bigger and illuminate specific areas such as the shower or sink.
- Mirror and Vanity Lighting – See your face in high-definition when you’re shaving or putting on makeup. The right mirror light reduces shadows and casts light in all the right places.
- Cabinet Lighting – Lights on overhanging cabinets can make your countertop space more visible. If we put lighting below cabinets, we can gently light your path for midnight trips to the bathroom.
- Bathtub Lighting – Create the perfect mood lighting in your bathtub with indirect lighting and dimmer switches. Make your bathtub even more soothing than it already is.
- Shower Lighting – Give your shower dedicated lighting that has its own switch or dimmer. Brighten up the inside of your shower.
- Toilet Lighting – If your toilet is separated by a wall or partition, it is often helpful to put a floodlight or focused halogen light directly overhead.
- Canned Lighting – Canned or recessed lights are a popular choice for bathrooms because they allow you to control the angle of light while seamlessly blending in with the ceiling.
- Indirect Lighting – When you don’t want to blind yourself every time you go to the bathroom at night, you want to implement some indirect lighting. This creates a softer lighting effect by casting light into nooks or corners.
- Accent Lighting – Accent lighting fixtures focus light on pictures or architectural features of your bathroom. These are the best way to control the aesthetic effect of your bathroom’s lighting.
Types of Lighting for Your Kitchen
Creating the optimal lighting design for your kitchen is a balancing act. You want functional lighting features, like stove lighting and countertop lighting. At the same time, you need to create an inviting mood for when you are entertaining or sitting down for a family dinner. That’s okay. With the help of our expert electricians, you can install all the kitchen and bathroom lighting you need. Some types of kitchen lighting we install include:
- Cabinet Lighting – Lighting below your cabinets brightens your countertop, making it easier to cook and chop vegetables. Lighting above your cabinets can accentuate décor sitting on top of them.
- Sink Lighting – Install a dedicated light for when you’re working over the sink. Whether you’re doing dishes or washing off produce, you’ll be thankful you have the increased visibility.
- Accent Lighting – If you want to draw attention to specific objects or fixtures, like paintings or vases, we can install lighting that highlights them.
- Kitchen Nook Lighting – kitchen nooks don’t have to be shadowy just because they’re tucked away from the rest of the kitchen. Install a ceiling light just for your kitchen nook.
- Island Lighting – let us help you install lighting that makes your island the centerpiece of your kitchen.
- Canned Lighting – Canned lighting sits flush with your ceiling, making it one of the most subtle ways to light your entire kitchen.
- Pendant Lighting – Hang a pendant light above your island or kitchen table, offering a more direct and intimate source of light.
- Wall Sconces – Wall sconce lighting allows you to pick new decorative light fixtures while adding lighting for specific areas of your kitchen.
Request Your Kitchen and Bathroom Lighting Appointment Now!
After hearing about all the different kitchen and bathroom lights that we can install for you, you might be feeling like your kitchen and bathroom lighting is a little lackluster. That’s a surefire sign that it’s time to upgrade your lighting. We offer several brands of lighting fixtures, including Argos kitchen and bathroom lighting. Request your kitchen and bathroom lighting appointment online now!