Circuit Breaker Installation Services in Birmingham, AL
Your Circuit Breakers Might Be Less Safe Than You Realize
As new gadgets, appliances, and electronic devices enter our lives, things become more and more convenient. With each new appliance, homeowners become more reliant on their home’s electricity than ever before. If you are making constant trips down to your electrical panel to reset tripped breakers, your home may not be equipped to handle the amount of electricity you are using. Luckily, there’s a relatively simple solution. Mr. Electric of Birmingham helps homeowners in the Birmingham area with circuit breaker installation services. Let us help you keep your home safe from power surges and overload with our circuit breaker installation services.
Preventing Power Surges and Electrical Overload
Installing a circuit breaker is the only reliable way to prevent electrical overload and the potential disasters that can cause. Every part of your electrical system, from your wiring to your outlets, is designed to handle a specific amount of electricity. When the amperage in any circuit exceeds the safe level, the breaker will trip. If a surge of electricity goes unchecked by a circuit breaker, it can result in an electrical fire or electrocution. If you have any questions about the condition of your circuit breakers, call the pros at Mr. Electric of Birmingham for an electrical safety checkup.
Signs That You Need to Replace Your Circuit Breakers
As homeowners, we often don’t think about upgrading or replacing something until it starts to cause problems. So, you might not know to look into installing a circuit breaker until your current breakers trip too often. However, there are some other times that a homeowner should consider adding a new circuit breaker. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to install a new circuit breaker in a panel. Our team of licensed electricians can install a new circuit breaker for you in any of the following situations:
- Overloaded Outlets – If you don’t have enough outlets, installing a new circuit breaker can give you the capacity to add more outlets in your home or business. You also want to replace your circuit breaker if it trips more frequently than it should.
- Specialty Lighting – If you are putting in new lighting, like track lighting, canned lights, or wall sconce lighting, consider installing a circuit breaker to handle the increased load of electricity.
- Security Systems – A new security system can keep your home safe from intruders, but it also uses a lot of electricity. We can help you install a new circuit breaker to keep your security system powered at all times.
- New Appliances – You might need new outlets and new circuit breakers to install major appliances like refrigerators or freezers.
- Ceiling Fans – If you want a ceiling fan, you will likely need to install dedicated circuits so you can control the fan and the light individually.
- Additional Outdoor Outlets – Adding more outlets around the exterior of your home is no problem, but we may need to install a new breaker to prevent the new outlets from overloading your electrical system.
- Emergency Generators – An emergency generator can keep you and your family powered in a blackout. When installing a generator, you will also need circuit breaker installation services to connect the generator safely to the rest of your home.
- Home Entertainment Centers – From your video game system to the TV, your home entertainment system demands a lot of power, often from just one or two outlets. Upgrading your circuit breakers will give your system the capacity to handle anything.
- Energy Efficient Upgrades – Solar panels, EV chargers, and other energy-efficient upgrades require circuit breakers designed to handle their specific electrical input or output.
- Garage or Workshop – If you want to add more outlets to your garage or workshop, a new circuit breaker allows you to keep all your tools and machinery powered at the same time.
Schedule an Appointment With Mr. Electric of Birmingham Online Now!
Mr. Electric of Birmingham is ready to serve residents and businesses in Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Chelsea, Shelby County and surrounding areas. One thing has remained true our entire time in business: We are always dedicated to providing reliable craftsmanship and friendly services to the members of our community. We believe that improving your home’s electrical system and installing a circuit breaker should be easy. So, we put the power to set up an appointment in the palm of your hand with our online scheduling tool. Request your circuit breaker installation appointment online now.