Circuit Breaker Replacement Service in Birmingham, AL
Replacing a Circuit Breaker Could Make a World of Difference
Your circuit breakers protect your home and yourself from fires and electrocutions caused by electrical overload and short circuits. Your circuit breaker is an essential safety tool that every home needs, just like smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Many homeowners never think about replacing their circuit breakers, though. Allowing your circuit breaker to age can make them more susceptible to failure and reduce the efficiency of your home's power usage. Circuit breaker replacement in the Birmingham, Alabama area has never been easier than they are with Mr. Electric of Birmingham. We can help you understand the advantage of upgrading your circuit breakers and install them for you. Learn more about replacing a circuit breaker.
How Can I Prevent Electrical Circuit Overload?
Your circuit breakers are constantly monitoring each section of your house for electrical overloads. Electrical overloads occur when too much electricity is running through the wiring in your home. You will know that a circuit overload has occurred when one of your circuits is tripped, and the power in that area of your house goes out. If your circuits regularly trip, replacing a circuit breaker is the most reliable way to solve the problem.
When to Replace Your Circuit Breakers
There are many times when you might consider taking advantage of Mr. Electric of Birmingham's circuit breaker replacement services. You may replace a circuit breaker as part of routine electrical safety upgrades or in response to a tripped breaker that won't restore power. Some of the times that we replace circuit breakers include:
- Overloaded Outlets – If your circuit breakers trip regularly, it may just be a problem with the circuit breaker in that area of the house. Replacing that circuit breaker may allow you to use more appliances and devices in your existing outlets.
- Security Systems – While installing your new security system, you will need a new circuit breaker to connect your security system to your home's electrical system.
- Specialty Lighting – When adding task lighting, accent lighting, or other specialty lighting fixtures, you may not need to add a new circuit breaker. Mr. Appliance of Birmingham can often help you connect your new lighting to an existing circuit breaker.
- Appliances – If you are adding a new major appliance, like a freezer, you may need to replace a circuit breaker or install a new circuit breaker.
- Additional Outdoor Electricity – Whether you just need to add an outlet closer to the driveway or new lighting by the pool, we can help you ensure that you have the circuit breakers to handle the new parts of your electrical system.
- Emergency Generator Installation – An emergency generator can provide power to your home in the event of an outage, but it will need its own dedicated electrical panel.
- Home Entertainment Centers – If you are installing a new home entertainment system, replacing a circuit breaker can give your electrical system the capacity to handle all the new electronics.
- Home Office Equipment – Let us help you install new outlets or upgrade your circuit breakers, so your home office has the power it needs.
- Garage or Workshop – We can help you wire, install outlets, and replace circuit breakers in your garage or workshop.
- Energy Efficient Upgrades – if you want to improve your home's energy efficiency, you might consider installing solar panels or rewiring your home. In most cases, you will also need to replace a circuit breaker to handle the new parts of your electrical system.
The Cost of Replacing Circuit Breakers
Depending on the complexity of the job, the cost of circuit breaker replacement services can vary. On average, a standard circuit breaker replacement will cost between one and two hundred dollars. When you work with Mr. Electric of Birmingham, you will get a detailed estimate for your circuit breaker replacement ahead of time.
Mr. Electric of Birmingham: A Team You Can Trust
While you may be a world-class handyman, you should refrain from attempting your own electrical repairs if you're not a professional, licensed electrician. We have earned a reputation for keeping homeowners in the Birmingham, Mountain Brook, and Chelsea areas safe. We always ensure that our repairs meet the standards of the current electrical code. Whether you need 24/7 emergency services or a circuit breaker replaced, you can trust Mr. Electric of Birmingham to get the job done right every time.
Request a Circuit Breaker Replacement Appointment Online!
When you're ready to have a professional electrician help you replace the circuit breakers in your home, the process is simple. When our uniformed electrician comes to your home, they'll explain the recommended upgrades to you and give you a detailed quote for the new circuit breaker installation. You can even begin the process of scheduling an appointment online. Request your circuit breaker replacement appointment online now!