Effective Home Wiring Updates in Tulsa, OK
Keep Your Home Safe & up to Code With Mr. Electric
Your home’s electrical wiring is a critical but often overlooked aspect of your electrical system. Mr. Electric of Tulsa offers professional home wiring updates for homeowners in Tulsa, OK. Outdated wiring could be putting your family, home, and devices at risk. Our licensed and insured electricians can help if you live in an older home or one with inadequate wiring. All our wiring installation services enhance the functionality of your electrical system while helping it keep up with modern residential electricity demands. Residential wiring is not inspected very often, but sometimes the process is necessary. If your home is at least 40 years old, we strongly recommend scheduling an inspection. Our home wiring updates service can reduce your risk of tripped breakers, electrical shocks, and house fires. Learn more and get in touch with us today to request a quote.
Quality Electrical Work From Local Electricians
Updating electrical wiring in old homes is not a DIY job because working with electricity can be extremely dangerous. Leave the job to the professionals at Mr. Electric of Tulsa. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to update electrical wiring for homes in Tulsa, Broken Bow, and Bixby, OK. All our electrician technicians have passed comprehensive background checks and put safety first on every job. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the cost to update electrical wiring in your home.
Does My Home Need Wiring Updates?
As a homeowner, you have a lot on your plate, and you may not think a lot about your home’s electrical wiring. Our professionals are here to help explain some reasons why you may need to update your home’s wiring. We are familiar with the latest electrical codes and can get you in compliance to keep your home and family. Learn about some common signs that you need to update your home’s electrical wiring:
- Old wiring – Our team can replace part of your wiring or your entire electrical system. Homeowners who own older houses are most likely to need wiring updates. Aluminum wiring was commonly used in the 1960s and 1970s but presents safety hazards and should be replaced. Homeowners older than that may have knob and tube wiring or non-metallic wiring that should also be upgraded. We can replace loose connections and frayed wires from wear and tear or improper installation.
- Ungrounded, two-pronged outlets – If your home has ungrounded, two-pronged outlets, you have an outdated electrical system. These outlets are a significant safety hazard because they are not adequately grounded. Excess electricity does not have anywhere to go except into the device or person in contact with them. Surge protectors might not protect you from these dangers. Our professionals can reduce your risk of being shocked by installing grounded wires and three-pronged outlets.
- Missing AFCIs – Keep your family safe while preventing fires. AFCI outlets are required to be used in bedrooms and act like a circuit breaker, disconnecting when a potentially dangerous arc occurs.
- Missing GFCIs – You’ll know a GFCI outlet because it has a “test” and “reset” button on the receptacles. GFCI outlets protect you against shocks and are designed for use in areas with a lot of moisture, such as bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, garages, and pool or spa areas. We can install these devices quickly, and you’ll be surprised how affordable they are.
- Inadequate electrical panel – Twenty or thirty years ago, 60-amp breaker wiring was sufficient for most homes. But today’s households have a lot more electronic devices and appliances and should have an amp range of 100 to 200. We can install upgraded breaker box wiring that meets all your demands.
- Inadequate appliance outlets – Not all your home’s outlets are the same. Appliances like ovens, dryers, and washing machines need to draw higher amounts of electricity to run safely at optimal performance. Your heavy-duty appliances will need 240-volt outlets. Our team can install these four-pronged outlets in your home.
Schedule Wiring Update Services Today
Mr. Electric of Tulsa offers comprehensive residential electrical services, including updating any outdated electrical wiring. We are here to ensure your family is protected and your home’s electrical system is up to code. Contact us today to request a quote or schedule service.