EVSE Charger Installation & Service in Tulsa, OK
We Install & Service Chargers for Electric Vehicles
Buying an electric vehicle is an exciting purchase that comes with many benefits, but you’ll need an effective way to charge it at home. Mr. Electric of Tulsa offers professional EVSE chargers installation and service for homes and businesses in Tulsa, OK. Electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) is necessary to charge your electric car and help you save money on gas, do your part for the environment, and get better mileage. You don’t want to have to charge your electric vehicle for too long without being able to drive it, so you can rely on our professional electricians for EVSE chargers installation services. Learn more and get in touch with us today to request an estimate.
What Are EVSE Chargers & How Do They Work?
EVSE chargers provide electrical energy to recharge electric vehicles. Charging stations are dedicated circuits that require the right amount of power to charge your electric car, truck, or SUV. EV chargers also need a breaker for safety reasons. The team at Mr. Electric of Tulsa offers professional home EVSE chargers installation and service and will help you select the right charger for your garage in Tulsa, Broken Bow, or Bixby, OK.
We Install Multiple Types of EV Chargers
There are three main types of EVSE chargers on the market, and the kind that’s right for you depends on your driving habits, preferences, setup, and budget. Learn about your options, and feel free to ask us any questions you may have:
- Level 1 Charger – You will receive a level one charger when you purchase an electric vehicle. These chargers can plug into standard three-prong outlets and do not require installation or special equipment. The downside with a level one charger is that it can take over 20 hours to fully charge your vehicle’s battery. That means you’ll have to plug it in overnight, and you likely won’t be able to drive every day.
- Level 2 Charger – As the next step up, level two chargers require dedicated 240-volt circuits and professional installation. With a level two charger, it will take two or three hours to fully charge your electric car. Many automakers have started including level two chargers when you purchase an EV, but you’ll need professional installation from Mr. Electric of Tulsa because attempting to DIY can be dangerous, and if you install your charger incorrectly, it will not work properly.
- Level 3 Charger – These standalone devices are only designed for commercial use and are commonly found at public charging stations. It takes about an hour and a half to charge your electric vehicle for 160 miles of driving with a level three charger. Level three chargers cannot be used at houses because they need an industrial-level power draw. Mr. Electric of Tulsa can install level three chargers at your place of business in Oklahoma.
Adding an EVSE Charging Station to Your Home
If you’re okay with using a level one charger to charge your electric vehicle, you won’t need our help. However, you will need our professionals if you want to install a level two charger at your home or a level three charger at your commercial facility. Installing level two chargers is not a job you should attempt to do yourself. You should never put your safety at risk by working with electricity if you don’t have the experience, expertise, and equipment that our licensed and insured electricians do. Our team offers comprehensive home EVSE charger services, from installation to repairs and more. We are happy to speak with you about your EVSE chargers installation and service costs and answer any questions you might have. Our professionals offer the following:
- Comprehensive inspections of all EVSE equipment before starting the installation process.
- Inspecting your residential or commercial property to ensure all equipment has been installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ensuring your EVSE equipment is installed to meet local code requirements and permits, as well as the National Electric Code.
- Upgrading your electrical system for a level two or three EV charger, including new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuits and 8-AWG wiring for level two chargers.
- Performing start-up inspections to ensure all new equipment operates properly while in use.
- Providing each customer with complete EVSE information, including explaining correct usage, equipment features, limitations, necessary maintenance, warranty terms, and more.
Schedule Electric Vehicle Charger Installation Today
Your new electric vehicle may be one of the most exciting purchases you’ve ever made. We’re happy you’re doing your part to save the environment and cut back on costs related to gas and fueling your vehicle. However, don’t forget that having the right way to charge your EV efficiently is critical. Our professionals are here to help you take the hassle out of charging your electric vehicle. We can help you select the best charger for your needs and ensure everything is operating smoothly so you can have peace of mind while enjoying all the benefits your electric vehicle provides. Contact us today to schedule EVSE charger installation services or request an estimate.