Home Wiring Updates in Charlotte, NC
Trust Our Team to Update Your Home’s Wiring
It’s easy not to think about the parts of your home that you cannot see, like your electrical wiring. If you can’t see it, it isn't easy to understand when your home’s wiring needs repairs or updates. Outdated electrical wiring can pose a severe risk to your home. At Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro, we’re committed to the satisfaction and safety of our Charlotte, NC, customers. We offer exemplary home wiring updates as our electricals specialize in upgrading residential wiring to keep up with modern power demands while ensuring you remain up to the latest electrical code. Whether only a tiny section of your wiring needs to be replaced, we can seamlessly replace old and hazardous wiring, reducing your risk of electrical shocks, tripped breakers, and residential fires. Request a quote today to learn more about our home wiring service.
Quality Workmanship from Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro
When it’s time to update your home’s wiring system, it’s vital to leave this to professionals. Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro ensures that each electrician undergoes comprehensive employee screenings and background checks and has extensive training and hands-on experience. You can rely on our team to handle your home’s electrical needs quickly and efficiently. Regardless of if you need whole-house surge protectors, recessed lighting fixtures, or new outlets installed, we’re here to help. If you have any questions about the cost of upgrading your home’s electrical wiring, call us.
Signs Your Home’s Wiring Needs to Be Updated
Do you know when your home’s wiring was last checked? If you’re unsure, it’s time to contact the professionals at Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro. Our trained electricians can quickly identify potential signs that your home’s electrical system needs an update to keep up with modern demands and ensure you’re compliant with the latest electrical codes. Thankfully, there are several signs that it may be time for an update, such as old wiring, missing GFCIs, or inadequate electrician panels. Here is more information regarding some of the more common signs that your home needs a wiring update:
- Old Wiring – Without a doubt, the prospect of rewiring an entire electrical system can seem overwhelming. We often find that only small portions of your wiring must be updated. As an example, aluminum wiring was popular in the 1960s and 70s. However, it should be replaced due to safety concerns. Further, our team will help replace loose connections and frayed wires due to improper installation or wear and tear.
- Ungrounded, Two-Pronged Outlets – If you have any ungrounded two-pronged outlets, it’s a clear indication of an outdated electrical system. These outlets present a safety hazard and could expose your family and appliances to risk. The issue is that these outlets are not grounded properly, meaning any excess electricity has nowhere to go but into the device or an individual.
- Missing GFCIs – GFCIs or ground fault circuit interrupters are a specific outlet style designed to cut power when the circuit is interrupted. These should be installed in areas with high moisture levels, such as laundry rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, pools, and more. GFCIs are inexpensive, and our team can seamlessly install them.
- Missing AFCIs – AFCI outlets are highly effective at preventing fires by acting as a circuit breaking that disconnects instantly if a dangerous arc occurs.
- Inadequate Appliance Outlet – Certain appliances, such as dryers and ovens, require high electricity to run optimally and safely. While in the past, these outlets had three-pronged plugs, modern requirements state that these appliances need four-pronged plugs for improved safety. These appliances require 240-volt outlets.
- Inadequate Electrical Panels – It’s not uncommon for homeowners to be unsure how many amps their home requires to power their modern appliances and electronics safely. Today, homes require an electrical panel that can handle amps in the range of 100-to-200. You can rely on our professionals to install an upgraded breaker box to meet your home’s energy needs better.
Schedule Your Home Wiring Update Today!
Regardless of whether your home’s wiring can’t keep up with modern demands or is outdated, Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro is here to help. Our experienced professionals handle various electrical needs for homeowners throughout Charlotte, NC. If your home’s wiring is either insufficient or faulty, we’re here to help you bring your home back to code and safe from potential electrical fires. We’re confident we can keep you and your family safe with our expertise. Contact us today to request a quote for your home wiring update today.