2020 NEC Electrical Code Updates
Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro’s electricians are trained to inspect your electrical systems to ensure they stand up to the latest NEC updates. Some of the most significant 2020 NEC electrical code updates include:
- Load calculation tables must be revised to reflect the energy efficiency of many modern improvements. These changes reflect updates like LED lighting that is significantly more energy-efficient than traditional bulbs
- Exterior emergency power disconnect switches must be included in all new one- and two-family homes. These switches offer emergency responders a safer working environment.
- GFCI protection requirements now include all 125- and 250-volt receptacles supplied by a single-phase circuit with 150 volts or less to the ground.
- De-energizing panel boards have altered service disconnect rules to help improve electrical worker safety.
- Cables that are installed on walls and ceilings must be covered.
- GFCI protection is required on basement receptacles, whether the basement is finished or unfinished.
- Surge protection requirements are increased to help protect sensitive safety equipment.
- Newer Ethernet cables that transmit electrical power and data are now included in a new section governing their use.
- Solar-generated energy storage requirements were revised to stay updated with transforming home energy storage technologies.
- Electric vehicle battery power is now included in an item that governs how homeowners transfer energy from residential wiring to the EV.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."