Explore Our Specialty Outlet Options
Did you know that three-pronged is the industry standard for modern homes? If you want to update your outdated outlets to modern standards, we can help you do that. However, we recommend upgrading your outlets with additional features that can help increase your safety, convenience, and performance. Upgrading your old outlets can help improve your home’s efficiency and prevent your circuit breaker from tripping, your lights dimming when you run the washing machine, and more. Our team is trained to install a wide range of different types of electrical outlets. Here is a list of the different types of outlets our electricians can install, including:
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Outlets - GFCI outlets are manufactured using an internal breaker that automatically cuts power to the outlet when an abnormal current flow is detected. Thanks to this feature, GFCIs help save countless homes from electrical fires and homeowners from electrocution. Further, these outlets are required by the National Electrical Code in areas such as your bathrooms, laundry room, garage, and kitchen.
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Outlets – AFCI outlets are designed to monitor for electrical arcs, one of the most common causes of electrical house fires. Upgrading your outlets to these can help prevent fires while helping you identify damaged wiring within your home.
- Smart Outlets – These outlets are the way of the future. Smart outlets help increase your connectivity, allowing you to provide electricity and data to your smart device through one plug. We recommend connecting smart devices such as speakers and security cameras to these outlets.
- USB Outlets – Are you tired of cluttering your plugs with power cubes? The USB outlets we install come equipped with USB plugs allowing you to connect directly to the outlet and charge what you need when needed.
- Switched Outlets – Do you wish you could turn off all plugged-in devices on and off with a simple switch? Switched outlets allow you to do just that. Half the outlet is your standard electrical outlet, and the other is a light switch. This allows you to control anything plugged in.
- Tamper-Resistant Outlets – These are the outlets to consider if you have children around the house. Tamper-resistant outlets offer more protection than traditional plastic plug-in inserts. With these outlets, you never need to worry about forgetting to put the protection back in.
- Two-Duplex Outlets – If you constantly run out of room to plug in all your devices, we recommend investing in two-duplex outlets. These outlets have four places to plug in devices, making them ideal for home offices, workshops, and entertainment centers.
- 15-Amps Outlets – The standard three-pronged electrical outlets deliver 15 amps of power. Outlets like this are perfect for hallways, bedrooms, and other spaces that don’t require multiple devices to be plugged into the same outlet.
- 20-Amp Outlets – Certain devices require a bit more power than traditional outlets can produce. The 20-amp outlets come in handy to ensure your devices get the power they need. These outlets can power appliances like toaster ovens and blenders without the fear of tripping your breaker.
- 30-Amp Outlets – Appliances like gas dryers or an RV shore power line require special outlets like a 30-amp outlet.
- 50-Amp Outlets – Heavy-duty appliances often require 50-amp services, including electric dryers and ovens. These are the most powerful outlets that can be installed in a home.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."