Electrical Safety Inspections in Charlotte, NC
Enhancing Your Safety with Inspections
Electrical safety inspections can save your property from fire and other potential disasters. Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro offers electrical safety inspections in Charlotte, NC. Our expert electricians help ensure your home or business is safe with routine inspections. We understand many electrical safety hazards are undetected until it’s too late. We can upgrade writing, install surge protectors, and childproof your outlets to help with fire prevention. Your safety is our priority. Contact us today to request a quote on our electrical safety inspection.
Performing Thorough Electrical Home Inspections
Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro performs extensive home inspections by testing your electrical system. Our licensed electricians inspect your electrical systems, wires, and components to ensure they meet legal safety standards. We use the universal National Electrical Code (NEC) to guide our inspection. After we complete your electrical home inspection, we provide you with a detailed checklist of any electrical system parts that need service.
Do I Need an Electrical Safety Inspection?
Electrical safety inspections are vital for your protection. You risk fires and electrical shocks if your electric system isn’t working correctly. Our qualified electricians quickly diagnose any problems with your electrical system to determine if it needs repairs or upgrades. We check tripped breakers, flickering lights, and more. We are committed to finding electrical system problems before they become significant issues.
Our Electrical Safety Inspection Checklist
Leaving an electrical safety inspection to our professionals at Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro is critical. We perform a comprehensive inspection of your home or business by:
- Checking your GFCI outlets
- Testing the service panel
- Verifying light bulbs have proper wattage
- Checking switch and wall outlets condition
- Confirming grounding systems
- Locating any electrocution hazards
- Verifying the arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are operating correctly
- Testing safety and security lighting
- Checking placement and condition of smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Validating surge protection
Electrical Safety Inspection Benefits
The most crucial benefit of electrical safety inspections is they can save your property from a fire. The other significant benefits of an electrical safety inspection include the following:
- Potential energy cost savings
- Ensure your electricity is working safely
- Identify past electrical mistakes or problems
- Can correct fire hazards
- Help you meet insurance risk assessment inspection requirements
- Check for needed upgrades, including outdated wiring
When Should I Have an Electrical Safety Inspection?
An electrical safety inspection offers peace of mind and lowers fire risk. We recommend scheduling an electrical safety inspection checklist if you need help remembering the last time you had an inspection. The most critical times to schedule an electrical safety inspection include:
- Before purchasing a new home
- Before installing a new appliance
- When you need to make your home more energy efficient
- When you want to reduce energy bills
- Before and after home renovations
- After installing a new swimming pool
The Inflation Reduction Act’s Impact on You
The Inflation Reduction Act offers tax deductions for electrical upgrades. Homeowners can receive up to $1,750 for converting traditional hot water heaters to a heat pump water heater, up to $840 for upgraded electric appliances and electric load service panels, and up to $8,000 for a heat pump HVAC system. Other rebates include up to $4,000 for upgrading electrical panels, up to $1,600 for new insulation, and up to $2500 for wire repairs. The maximum rebate per household is $14,000.
Schedule Your Home Electrical Safety Inspection
The professionals at Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro will help ensure your home’s electrical system works optimally. We take electricity seriously and respect its power. If we find any problems with your electrical system, we’ll work with you to find the best upgrades or repairs for your home. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or get a free quote on electrical safety inspection costs.