Circuit Breaker Replacement in Charlotte, NC
Upgrade Your Energy With New Circuit Breakers
A properly working circuit breaker is critical to the safety of your home. Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro provides circuit breaker replacement and upgrades for homeowners in Charlotte, NC. As your electrical needs grow, it’s important that your circuit breaker can keep up with the electricity flow. Our experienced electricians will inspect your current circuit breaker system and determine if you need upgrades or a replacement. If you’ve noticed your circuit breaker tripping frequently, contact us immediately. We are here for you!
What Is a Circuit Breakers Job?
Your circuit breaker helps prevent electrical overload. You can easily overload your electrical circuits by using too many electrical appliances at one time. When more electricity is transferred across an electrical wire than the circuit can handle, it should trigger your circuit breaker. It will then cut power to all devices. Your electrical outlets and wiring should be upgraded to meet the electrical demands of your home.
Choosing to Upgrade Your Circuit Breakers
We understand it can be challenging to know the best time to choose a circuit breaker replacement. The most common reasons you should replace your current circuit breakers include the following:
- Overloaded Outlets – When your circuit breakers trip frequently or you are using a significant amount of extension cords, a circuit breaker upgrade will help safely support your
- electronic devices.
- Security Systems – A security system requires that your circuit breaker connects to your electrical system.
- Appliances – When adding additional large appliances to your home, we recommend upgrading your current circuit breaker system.
- Additional Outdoor Electricity – Make sure your home can handle the additional needed electricity for new landscape lighting or a swimming pool.
- Specialty Lighting – We will properly connect your specialty lighting to your circuit breaker, including recessed lighting, accent lighting, and task lighting.
- Ceiling Fans – We offer the ability for you to turn off your ceiling fan and leave on your lights with a flip of the switch, thanks to our upgraded circuitry.
- Emergency Generator Installation – Emergency generators require sub-panels to generate enough power for your home during a blackout.
- Garage or Workshop – Many homeowners need additional outlets to make their garages more functional.
- Home Efficiency Upgrades – We ensure your electrical system can handle the loads of upgrades, including solar water heaters, solar panels, and electric vehicle charging stations.
- Home Entertainment Centers – It’s essential for home entertainment systems to be able to handle multiple plugged-in devices without tripping your circuit breaker.
- Home Office Equipment – If you work from home, you need additional power to support your electrical needs.
- Cable or Satellite TV – We will upgrade your circuits to support additional televisions throughout your home.
Costs of Circuit Breaker Replacement Services
Replacing circuit breakers costs about one to two hundred dollars on average. The cost depends on the number of breakers and the complexity of the job. We always offer quotes on our services.
The Inflation Reduction Act & Circuit Breakers
The Inflation Reduction Act allocated $9 billion for energy rebates. If a homeowner qualifies, they can receive rebates for specific projects. Homeowners have access to up to a $4,000 rebate for upgraded electrical panels and up to a $2,500 rebate for upgraded wiring. Contact your local Mr. Electric® to discuss your household electrical project needs today.
Contact Us for Circuit Breaker Replacements
Mr. Electric of Charlotte Metro always puts your safety first. We never advise trying to repair your electrical issues in your home. Our professional, licensed electricians are here for your energy needs. We will work with you to determine if you need a circuit breaker replacement. Contact us today to get a quote on our services.