Accent and Track Lighting Installation & Service
At Mr. Electric® we do more than just service your current lighting fixtures. We can also help you customize any additional lighting needs by installing track lighting or accent lights.
Use track and accent lighting to illuminate the architecture and artistic style of your home, enhance its personality and individuality, and improve visibility. Customized lighting is a great way to add a finishing touch to the look of your home.
From simple illumination to customized wall lighting, Mr. Electric has you covered. Give us a call at (844) 866-1367 today!
Keep reading for some great tips for accent and track lighting.
Accent lighting includes torches, sconces, spotlights, and any other type of light that emphasizes a specific item or area of a space. Accent lighting is commonly used in interior design to:
- Highlight artwork
- Display objects
- Light up cabinets, nooks, and alcoves
- Illuminate a specific area for focused lighting
- Light up gardens, shrubs, trees, and flowers
- Make your swimming pool glow
- Use different colored light bulbs to create a distinctive ambiance
Like other types of lighting fixtures, accent lights can drive up the value of your home when properly installed.
Track lighting is a type of adjustable and versatile accent lighting. A track of lights may hold two, three, or several individual lights that may be pointed in whatever direction you wish. Here are a few ways track lighting can illuminate and enhance your home:
- Strategically place track lights in a work area
- Create different moods in a room
- Define separate areas of a space
- Illuminate reading areas
- Set track heads upward to create ambient lighting
- Aim track heads downward to create task lighting
- Tracks can support general and task lighting at the same time
One of the most useful benefits of track lighting is the ability to re-aim, relocate, remove, or replace lights as needed. This style of lighting can be an excellent choice for rooms that serve several purposes, as they can be adjusted to fit the needs of the room, no matter what function it is currently serving.
Lighting Walls with Accent and Track Lighting
Installing accent lights is a great interior design technique for drawing attention to artwork, wall textures, and any other decorative aspect of your home. Here are just a few suggestions for maximizing the impact of your new lighting scheme:
- Create effective wall washing
- Display key points of interest in architecture and art
- Emphasize textured surfaces
- Set the mood of a room by playing light off paint colors, wallpapers, fabrics, and wood tones
Do You Need an Electrician to Install Track or Accent Lighting?
Installing track or accent lighting can be done, but we recommend hiring a professional. To install either type of lighting, you will usually need to hardwire the fixture to a junction box. Unless you are a professional electrician, it’s strongly recommended that you don’t attempt to hardwire anything on your own.
Additionally, hiring a professional electrician reduces the chance that something will be done wrong. Hiring an electrician can drastically reduce the chance of breaking your new lighting or, even worse, causing wiring problems within your walls.
Schedule Your Track and Accent Lighting Installation with Mr. Electric
Our expert electricians are waiting to hear your lighting scheme ideas and make them a reality! Let Mr. Electric help you with your track or accent lighting installation. Call (844) 866-1367 or schedule an appointment online with your local Mr. Electric.