Ballast & Bulb Replacement Services in Paulding County, GA
Commercial Lighting Solutions to Save You Money
As a business owner in Paulding County, GA, you may not pay much attention to your commercial lighting. But did you realize that your lighting can account for up to 35% of your total energy use? Mr. Electric of Paulding County wants to help your company save money with the most effective and energy-efficient commercial lighting solutions. We offer ballast and bulb replacement services for business owners and operators. Our team can determine if your company is using the right lighting solution and light bulb combination, so you get the most bang for your buck. There are multiple lighting solutions available, and we can help you find the right one for your business. Learn more and get in touch with us today to request an estimate.
The Differences Between Commercial & Residential Light Fixtures
Mr. Electric of Paulding County specializes in both commercial and residential services. Commercial lighting is different than residential lighting in that it is specially designed to illuminate your premises to accommodate various activities of the business, including sales, manufacturing, and more. We offer custom lighting solutions for companies in Georgia, including multiple colors, designs, and intensities. Ballast bulb replacement is a service only offered to businesses. Commercial ballasts are used with fluorescent lights and limit the current to the bulbs to prevent them from overheating and burning out. Ballasts are specifically matched to the light bulbs they operate. While we also offer residential fluorescent bulbs, the commercial versions produce stronger magnetic interference and create more heat. Fluorescent bulb and ballast replacement requires professional installation to protect against fire hazards and electronic interference.
Which Light Bulbs Are Best For Your Business?
The types of light bulbs that are best for your business depend on your industry and what you’re trying to achieve. The team at Mr. Electric of Paulding County would be happy to help you make the right choice. Check out your options:
- Incandescent – These light bulbs feature older technology that makes them less efficient than other options. Incandescent bulbs are best used for task lighting that requires high levels of brightness. Types of incandescent light bulbs include general service/standard, xenon, and reflectorized. The Department of Energy requires incandescent light bulbs to produce the same amount of light using less wattage than they did before 2012.
- Halogen – This option is twice as efficient as incandescent bulbs. Halogen light bulbs produce a very bright white light. These light bulbs are often used for outdoor applications such as stadium lighting and security upgrades.
- Fluorescent – As the most commonly used commercial lighting option, fluorescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) use much less electricity than incandescent bulbs. Your fluorescent light bulbs will last ten times longer while producing the same amount of light as an incandescent bulb. CFLs can be used in standard light sockets to save energy compared to incandescent. Be careful to dispose of fluorescents properly because they contain mercury.
- HID/Metal Halide – If you need an extremely efficient option that produces large quantities of very bright light, consider high-intensity discharge bulbs. HID light bulbs do not produce pleasant light colors but are commonly used for industrial applications and warehouses.
- LED – These light bulbs typically last longer and are more efficient than any other light bulbs. Light-emitting diodes use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs and will last 35 to 50 times longer.
Reasons to Update Your Commercial Lighting
Our professional electricians can do much more than simply replace a ballast or bulb. We offer commercial lighting services if you are experiencing any of the following and need new lights:
- Lights don’t turn off or on when they should
- Lights appear dim or flicker
- Light bulbs burn out frequently
- Lights are cracked or burnt out
- Lighting color seems off
- You prefer softer, cooler, or brighter light
- Lights are not achieving your desired level of illumination
- Upgrading will provide you energy savings and added convenience
The Importance of Energy Efficient Commercial Lighting
When considering the right type of lighting for your business, you should take energy efficiency and performance into account. Upgrading your business’s lighting using the latest technology can cut your lighting energy usage in half. Don’t forget that proper installation goes a long way, and our professionals are here to help with fixture selection as well. Your lighting upgrades will likely pay for themselves in a few years. Mr. Electric of Paulding County caters to many types of lighting, including:
- Bathroom Lighting
- Compact Fluorescent
- Custom Lighting
- Flood Lights
- Holiday Lighting
- Kitchen Lighting
- Landscape Lighting
- Metal Halide
- Motion Sensors
- Neon Lights
- Projector Bulbs
- Recessed Lighting
- Security Lighting
- Sodium Lamps
- Track and Accent
Upgrade Your Commercial Lighting Today
Now that you know more about commercial lighting, it’s time to schedule a consultation with Mr. Electric of Paulding County. We work with local businesses in Newnan, GA and the surrounding areas. We would be happy to offer you a quote for fluorescent light bulbs and ballast replacements and more. Contact us today to get started.