Professional Home Wiring Updates in Oklahoma City, OK
Our Experts Provide Home Wiring Updates Service
One of the most important parts of keeping your residential property safe involves ensuring your home’s wiring is properly updated. At Mr. Electric of Oklahoma City, we’re committed to the safety and satisfaction of our customers on every job we complete. With years of experience, our licensed electricians provide safe, reliable home wiring updates service throughout Oklahoma City, OK and the surrounding areas, including Edmond and Yukon. Beyond safety, updating your home's wiring also enhances your home's functionality and your electrical system's reliability.
Once homes are built, the wiring is rarely inspected after it's installed. If it's been a while since the wiring in your home has been looked at, or if your home is more than 40 years old, it's probably time to schedule an appointment with a licensed electrician to ensure it's in good shape. Our wiring updates reduce the risks of tripped breakers, electric shocks, and residential fires. Reach out Mr. Electric today to learn more!
Mr. Electric of Oklahoma City’s Quality Work
It's essential for all residential electrical work to be completed by a licensed, experienced electrician. Trying to update your home's wiring could cause electrical shocks and damage your electrical system. At Mr. Electric of Oklahoma City, our technicians receive extensive, ongoing training and skills development to ensure their workmanship lives up to our high standards. Homeowners throughout Oklahoma City and nearby areas trust the team of electricians at Mr. Electric to deliver reliable and long-lasting results on every job we complete.
How Do I Know if My Wiring Needs Updating?
Is your electrical system showing signs it's time to update the wiring in your home? Several things indicate it's time for wiring updates. Even if you haven't experienced signs, checking your wiring is important to ensure it's updated to code and safe for your family. Some common signs you need to update the electrical wiring in your home in Oklahoma City, OK include:
- Your House Has Old Wiring – Homes built in the 1960s and 1970s had aluminum wiring installed in them, which is a well-known safety hazard today. Knob and tube wiring in homes built before the 1930s and non-metallic wiring in homes in the 1940s and 1950s are also hazardous. Our electricians can also replace any frayed wires and loose connections.
- You Have Ungrounded Two-Pronged Outlets – These outlets are considered a significant safety hazard, putting your property and family at risk. You can reduce the risk of shock and increase your system's reliability by having our electricians install grounded wires and three-pronged outlets.
- Your Electrical Panel Isn't Updated – Can your electrical panel keep up with your home’s demand? Homes today typically need between 100 and 200 amps to successfully power all the appliances and electronics we use. Having your breaker box wiring upgraded is the best way to keep up with the increasing demand.
- You’re Missing GFCIs – GFCI (ground-fault circuit interrupter) outlets were designed to protect people from getting shocked in areas prone to moisture in their homes. The most updated electrical code requires GFCIs to be installed laundry rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, crawlspaces, basements, garages, and other areas that are prone to being damp.
- You’re Missing AFCIs – An AFCI (arc-fault circuit interrupter) prevents electrical fires in the home because it acts like a circuit breaker, immediately shutting off the power when it encounters a potentially dangerous arc. AFCIs are required in all 50 states per the electrical code, and some states require homeowners to install AFCIs in all the circuits in their home. AFCIs ensure electricity can be used safely and reliably in your home.
- Your Appliance Outlets Are Inadequate – Heavy-duty appliances like washers and dryers require a 240-volt outlet to safely draw more electricity. Most of the 240-volt plugs made today include four prongs to improve safety. Our electricians can replace your outlets to ensure safety and reliability.
Schedule Wiring Updates in Oklahoma City, OK
If your home’s wiring is outdated or you’re experiencing issues with your electrical system, our technicians can inspect it to ensure it’s updated to code and able to handle the electrical demands of your property. With years of experience, the licensed electricians at Mr. Electric of Oklahoma City provide a wide range of electrical services to home and commercial property owners throughout Oklahoma City, OK and the surrounding areas, including Edmond and Yukon.
We’re happy to answer any questions, whether you want an estimate for the cost to update electrical wiring in homes or learn more about our installation process. Contact us today to schedule professional service with the experts at Mr. Electric of Oklahoma City to ensure your residential wiring is safely updated!