Home Generator Installation & Maintenance Services in Lancaster County, PA
Helping You Generate Peace of Mind
It’s critical to be prepared for an emergency to keep your family safe during a powerful storm or any other unexpected situation. Mr. Electric of Lancaster County offers professional home generator installation services for homeowners in Lancaster, PA. It’s recommended to have nonperishable food and water stored in the event of an emergency, and a backup power generator is vital if you find yourself without power. Intense storms are no stranger to Pennsylvania, and uncontrollable circumstances can knock out power lines, leaving you in the dark without a working air conditioner, heater, refrigerator, or phone charger. Thankfully, you can minimize the impacts of power outages by having a generator on hand. Our home generator installers can add a generator to your home and perform maintenance to ensure it works correctly when you need it. Learn more and get in touch with us today to request a quote.
How Do Power Generators Work?
Understanding how a generator works can give you a better idea if you need one for your home in Lancaster, Elizabethtown, or Lebanon, PA. Generators use fuel to create electrical power with a heavy-duty recharging battery. Home generators can be powered by gasoline or natural gas. When a power outage occurs, the generator kicks on and ensures you have enough power to keep your lights, furnace, air conditioner, freezer, refrigerator, and other necessary devices on. Investing in a home power generator can help you out in the following situations:
- Inclement Weather – All types of weather can impact power lines. Hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning, and heavy winds can all knock out the power for days at a time, but having a generator will keep you going.
- Blackouts – The extreme temperatures in Pennsylvania can affect the power grid. Severe weather conditions can make it impossible for local power grids to meet energy demands.
- Damage from Animals – You might be surprised to learn that damage from animals is the second leading cause of power outages after inclement weather.
- Car Accidents – An automobile accident down the street can damage local power lines and cause interruptions in service.
- Natural Disasters – All types of natural disasters can lead to power outages, including floods, hurricanes, and more.
Types of Home Generators We Install
You’re in capable hands if you’ve been looking for home generator installation near me or home generator installers near me. Our team would be happy to consult with you about your home generator installation costs. We install multiple types of power generators for homeowners, and there are pros and cons to each. The team at Mr. Electric of Lancaster County most often recommends the following types of residential power generators:
- Portable Home Generators – These generators are a good choice when you only need to power a few appliances for a relatively short time. Portable home generators have a manual start and need to be connected to the appliance you want to power. Portable generators are quite affordable at about $1,500 on average. These generators pose an increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if you use them in an improper location. Our team also installs carbon monoxide detectors which we recommend in all cases, especially if you have a portable home generator.
- Home Standby Generators – These generators are your best bet if you want your power to be automatically restored during an outage. Home standby generators use propane or natural gas and switch on as soon as they detect a power interruption. You’ll enjoy increased peace of mind knowing your appliances will continue functioning. Home standby generators can cost up to $15,000.
Helping You Choose the Right-Sized Generator
Our licensed and insured electricians tailor our services to each customer. We will help you choose the right-sized generator for your budget, needs, and lifestyle. Our professionals will accurately calculate the total wattage of your electrical devices and appliances you want to run off a backup generator. We will then recommend the best unit for your home.
Schedule Home Generator Installation Today
Whether you need a home generator installed or require maintenance to ensure yours is ready for the next power outage, turn to the team at Mr. Electric of Lancaster County. We’re here to answer any questions you have and help you choose the right generator for your home. Contact us today to request a quote or schedule service.