EV Charger Installation Services in Lancaster, PA
Helping You Charge Your Electric Vehicle Efficiently
Electric vehicles are wonderful investments, helping you save money on gas, get better mileage, and avoid polluting our environment, but finding the best way to charge your new EV is crucial. Mr. Electric of Lancaster County specializes in installing EV chargers for home and business owners in Lancaster, PA. Since you will no longer need to go to the gas station to fuel up your vehicle, you’ll need an efficient way to charge it from home. Our expert electricians offer the best selection of EV chargers for home use, and we also install electric vehicles for commercial spaces. Learn more about our EV charger services, and get in touch with us today to request a quote.
How Electric Vehicle Chargers Work
Mr. Electric of Lancaster County works with types of all electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE). An EV charger supplies electrical energy to recharge your electric vehicle. You need a charging station which is a dedicated circuit to provide the right amount of power for your electric car, truck, or SUV. EVSE chargers need a breaker for safety reasons. Our team is happy to help you select the proper type of EV charger for your vehicles. You’ve found the best team for the job if you’ve been searching for EV chargers near me in Lancaster, Elizabethtown, or Lebanon, PA. You won’t need an EV chargers map to find the nearest charging station when you have one installed at home.
We Install All Types of EV Chargers
There are three main types of EV chargers available. The type that’s right for you depends on your driving habits, budget, setup, and preferences. We invite you to learn more about your options and get in touch with us if you have any questions:
- Level 1 Charger – Electric vehicle owners should receive a level one charger as a standard add-in when purchasing an electric vehicle. These chargers plug into the standard three-pronged outlet in your garage. You will not need to install level one chargers because all you have to do is plug them in. The problem with level one EV chargers is that they charge very slowly, taking more than 20 hours to charge a vehicle’s battery fully. These chargers are okay if you don’t drive every day and don’t mind spending a lot of money on electricity.
- Level 2 Charger – The next step up, level two chargers require a dedicated 240-volt circuit and professional installation. The team at Mr. Electric of Lancaster County specializes in installing level two EV chargers for homeowners in Pennsylvania. It will typically take about three hours to fully charge your car using a level two charger. Many automakers are now including level two chargers when you buy one of their electric vehicles, but you want a professional to install it for you. There are many options for level two chargers, including Anbull EV chargers.
- Level 3 Charger – These standalone chargers require an industrial-level power draw, so they cannot be used for home use. Level three chargers are often found at public EV charging stations and only take about half an hour to charge a battery for up to 160 miles of driving. Our team installs level three chargers for businesses and commercial properties.
Complete EV Charger Installation Services
You won’t need any help if you want to stick with a level one charger, but you will need professional installation if you choose level two or three. Installing a level two charger at your home should not be a DIY job. Working with electricity is extremely dangerous, and if you install it incorrectly, the device will not charge your vehicle properly. You can count on our professionals to provide all of the following services:
- Comprehensive inspections of all EVSE equipment before the installation process.
- Inspecting your property to ensure all equipment has been installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Upgrading electrical systems to meet the demands of level two and three chargers. This may include new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuits and 8-AWG wiring that supports level two chargers.
- Ensuring all EV equipment has been installed to meet the National Electric Code and local permits and code requirements.
- Performing a start-up inspection to make sure all new equipment is functioning correctly while in use.
- Providing every customer with complete EVSE information, explaining correct usage, equipment features, limitations, necessary maintenance, warranty terms, and more.
Schedule Electric Vehicle Charger Installation Today
We know you’re excited about your new electric vehicle, so allow us to take the hassle out of charging it. Our experts can determine the right charger for you and ensure everything is up and running so you can enjoy the benefits of your car. Contact us today to schedule EV charger installation or request a quote.