Top Reasons to Upgrade Your Home’s Circuits
Upgrading your home's circuits is a smart investment in your safety and convenience. Installing a new circuit can benefit you in many ways. The team at Mr. Electric of San Antonio is happy to answer your questions about circuit overloads and will provide you with a quote for your cost to install new electrical circuits at your home in San Antonio, Boerne, or Bulverde, TX. Here are some of the top reasons to consider upgrading your circuits:
- Specialty Lighting – If you want to add track lighting, task lighting, or other specialty lighting to your home, upgrading your circuits can provide the necessary support.
- Overloaded Outlets – If you frequently experience tripped circuit breakers or find yourself relying on power strips and extension cords, it's time to upgrade your circuits.
- New Appliances – Adding new major appliances like a second refrigerator or chest freezer means you should ensure your electrical system can keep up.
- Security Systems – Installing a new security system may require new circuits to support the control panel.
- Ceiling Fans – With upgraded circuits, you can operate your ceiling fan and lights independently without having to rely on the same switch.
- Emergency Generator Installation – If you're adding an emergency generator to your home, it is possible you will need a dedicated sub-panel.
- Outdoor Electricity – Upgrade your circuits to install holiday lights, security lighting, or other outdoor features like a hot tub, pool, sauna, steam room, or sprinkler system.
- Home Entertainment Centers – With upgraded circuits, you can safely plug in all your entertainment devices, including your TV, stereo, speakers, gaming system, and DVD player.
- Home Office Equipment – Ensure your office equipment is safe from overloading by upgrading your circuitry.
- Cable or Satellite TV – Upgraded circuits allow you to add cable or satellite television to any of your bedrooms.
- Garage or Workshop – With additional outlets, you won't have to keep unplugging and re-plugging your devices to use power tools.
- Home Efficiency Upgrades – Upgraded circuitry can support home efficiency upgrades like solar panels, solar water heaters, or electric vehicle charging stations.