Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

Professional Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector Installation in San Antonio

Protect Your Family and Home From Preventable Disasters With Our Expert Services

Protecting your family from preventable disasters should be a top priority for every homeowner. Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a dangerous threat that can go undetected, as it is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. In fact, it is the leading cause of poison-related deaths in the United States, causing over 2,000 fatalities each year. At Mr. Electric of San Antonio, we offer professional installation services for combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in San Antonio, TX. Our experts are trained to identify the ideal locations for these detectors, ensuring maximum safety for your family and home. You can count on us for expert carbon monoxide and smoke detector installations. Learn more about our services and request a quote today.

Professional Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector Installation in San Antonio

Protect Your Family and Home From Preventable Disasters With Our Expert Services

Tools on counter

Book an Appointment

  • Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious threat that can go undetected in your home, leading to devastating consequences. A malfunctioning appliance or other sources can cause carbon monoxide leaks, which can become lethal in just minutes. However, a properly installed carbon monoxide detector can help keep your family safe by detecting elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside your home and alerting you in time to evacuate and address the issue. Unfortunately, many people are not aware of the symptoms of CO poisoning, which can feel similar to the flu without a fever. Don't put your family at risk; contact us today to learn more about carbon monoxide detector installation services in Texas. The experts at Mr. Electric of San Antonio can help you stay informed by providing a list of common symptoms, including the following:

    • Nausea
    • Headaches
    • Sleepiness
    • Dizziness
    • Vomiting
    • Weakness or fatigue
    • Lightheadedness
    • Irregular breathing
    • Shortness of breath
    • Confusion

Mr. Electric electrician helping a customer.

Understanding the Potential Sources of Carbon Monoxide in Your Home


Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that can leak from several common household appliances, including furnaces, water heaters, gas ranges or stoves, wood or gas fireplaces, and gas clothes dryers. Other potential sources of CO include fuel-burning space heaters, charcoal or gas grills, and vehicle exhaust. Using these appliances in poorly ventilated areas can lead to a dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide, which can quickly become lethal. In addition, a venting malfunction or a clogged chimney could cause CO to back up into your home, further increasing the risk of poisoning. At Mr. Electric of San Antonio, we specialize in installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for homeowners in San Antonio, Boerne, and Bulverde, TX. To reduce the risk of CO poisoning, we recommend taking the following actions to prevent sources of carbon monoxide in a home:

  • Ensure the safety of your home by installing CO detectors with at least one sensor on each floor and outside each bedroom.
  • Remember to change the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector at least once a year or as often as every six months or even better, invest in 10-year batteries.
  • When purchasing gas appliances or equipment, look for the American Gas Association or Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL) seals of approval to ensure their safety.
  • Never run a generator, vehicle, or device with a fuel-fed motor inside your home, garage, or near a window.
  • Always turn off any vehicles parked inside your garage to prevent CO buildup.
  • Do not use a flameless chemical heater in an enclosed space or indoors, as this could lead to CO poisoning.
  • Schedule an annual inspection of your gas appliances by licensed professionals to ensure their safe operation.
  • Always open the flue when burning a fire in your fireplace or furnace to prevent CO buildup.
  • Hire service experts to repair malfunctioning gas appliances to ensure they are safe to use.
  • Never heat your home using a gas oven, as this can be a significant source of CO.
  • Only operate grills in well-ventilated outdoor areas to prevent CO buildup.
  • Use battery-operated heaters when camping instead of fuel-burning appliances.
  • Learn the sound your carbon monoxide detector makes and understand the difference between it and your smoke detector.
  • Adjust all your gas appliances properly and use an exhaust fan when necessary to minimize CO emissions.
  • Contact your local fire department if you cannot afford a carbon monoxide detector; programs are available to help low-income families and the elderly.
  • When it comes to installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, the placement is crucial for their effectiveness. While smoke rises, carbon monoxide diffuses evenly throughout your home, making it essential to install detectors in the correct location. Detectors should not be hidden behind curtains or doors, as this may hinder their performance. Our team of professionals knows how to properly install hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, including first alert detectors, to ensure your safety. We are happy to answer your questions, including “how much to install smoke detectors?” and more. Our team will help you find the best place to install carbon monoxide detectors and perform smoke detector installations.

  • Dedicated Kitchen Circuit Installation and Service

    If tripping circuit breakers is a frequent occurrence in your home, your appliances may not be connected to dedicated circuits. The National Electrical Code requires dedicated circuits for major electrical appliances such as refrigerators because they ensure that appliances can operate safely.

  • Exterior Building Circuit Installation and Service

    Exterior buildings provide valuable space for a range of needs. Equipping those outbuildings with electricity makes them more accessible day and night and expands their functionality. Your local Mr. Electric® provides electrical services for detached buildings in your area.

  • Hot Tub Circuit Installation and Service

    A safe and effective hot tub installation requires a dedicated circuit. That circuit supplies power exclusively to the hot tub, and it should be installed by a licensed electrician.

  • Outdoor Kitchen Circuit Installation and Service

    Few home upgrades are as functional and appealing as an outdoor kitchen. If you enjoy cooking and want to spend more time outdoors, this renovation will be worth it. Allow your local Mr. Electric® advise about your outdoor kitchen electrical requirements and perform expert electrical services.

  • Pool Circuit Installation and Service

    Keeping your pool healthy and clear requires a pool pump, which in turn requires its own dedicated circuit. Your local Mr. Electric® offers full-service pool circuit installation, from obtaining the appropriate permits to connecting the pump to your home’s electrical panel.

  • Subpanel Installation and Service

    The main electrical panel in your home is the conduit through which all of your home’s electricity is distributed throughout the house. Every home has one. Some homes also have a subpanel (or multiple subpanels) installed to distribute electricity to a specific, often distant, area of the property.

  • Tankless Water Heater Electrical Circuit Service

    Make sure your household has a steady, reliable supply of hot water by having a tankless water heater installed. Your local Mr. Electric can upgrade your existing wiring for your new tankless water heater. For electric tankless water heaters, we also offer full installation service!

bulb
Service You Can Trust!

Let us know how we can help you today.