Electrical Safety Inspections in Lafayette, LA
Don't Put Off an Inspection!
When all of our electrical appliances are working correctly, it can be easy to let maintenance slip your mind. However, problems can occur without warning that require immediate professional attention. After all, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that electrical problems are a top cause of house fires and property damage. Oftentimes, these fires start because of faulty wiring that would have easily been caught during a routine inspection. If you've been putting off an electrical home safety inspection, this is your signal to get in touch with Mr. Electric of Lafayette. We work with customers from Lafayette, Broussard, and Scott, LA, offering them the gold standard in electrical work. Find out how our inspections can bring you peace of mind.
What Is an Electrical Safety Inspection?
An electrical safety inspection thoroughly examines every aspect of your home electrical system. During the inspection, our team will check that all wires and components meet legal safety standards implemented by the National Electrical Code (NEC). This agency is tasked with defining the minimum requirements that electrical systems must meet, and our team is highly skilled in identifying and fixing problems quickly. At the conclusion of your inspection, you'll set a prioritized checklist outlining the most urgent concerns and best ways to improve or upgrade your system.
Take Advantage of These Benefits
How much does an electrical safety inspection cost? We get this question daily at Mr. Electric of Lafayette. The truth is costs vary from location to location, but you can't put a price on security. The benefits of regular inspections far outweigh any time you spend scheduling an appointment with your local electrician. Here's how our services benefit our Louisiana customers:
- Ensure your home's electrical components are operating safely
- Identify and fix electrical mistakes
- Update old wiring, such as aluminum and knob-and-tube
- Identify degraded wiring and components
- Discover oversized fuses and breakers that increase the risk of fire
- Address fire and safety hazards
- Reduced energy costs
- Comply with insurance risk assessment inspection requirements
- Get peace of mind that a new home's electrical system is safe
We'll Cover All the Bases
Whether you're looking for a home inspection or a boat dock safety inspection, the team at Mr. Electric of Lafayette always has you covered. Our licensed electricians are sure to check all the boxes during your inspection to ensure everything is in top shape. No matter the age or condition of your system, our team will take care of all the following:
- Proper light bulb wattage verification
- Switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Shock or electrocution risks
- Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) verification
- Safety and security lighting check
- Grounding system confirmation
- Validation of proper surge protection
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide testing
- Electrical panel inspection (labeling, amps, general operation)
- Outdoor electrical system examination
- Detailed reports outlining areas of concern
Talk to Us About an Inspection Today
From checking electrical panels to swimming pool electrical safety inspections, count on Mr. Electric of Lafayette to do it all! Our team is made up of highly-skilled electricians who will get the job done right the first time. Once we're finished with our thorough inspection, you'll have peace of mind that your home is safe from electrical fires and shocks. Have other electrical work you need done? Get in touch with us, and let the team know how we can improve your Lafayette home.