Emergency Electrician Services & Repairs
Whatever the case, an electrical emergency is something no one wants to deal with. Recognizing that you need prompt assistance is an excellent start.
Mr. Electric has emergency electricians ready to respond to urgent electrical problems day and night. Call to connect with your local emergency electrician.
When to Know You Need Emergency Electrical Services
- An unidentified burning smell in the house
- An electrical switch or outlet is hot to the touch
- A circuit breaker tripping repeatedly
- Lights flickering
- A buzzing noise from an outlet or switch
- Someone receiving an electrical shock
- A partial, sustained power loss in the house
- Wet electrical panel
Emergency Electrician Cost
- Location – Each Mr. Electric is independently owned, and each owner sets individual rates. Ask about rates before you agree to have emergency service provided. You might find the cost to be very affordable.
- Time – Your electrician’s time is usually the most expensive component of any bill. Many electricians charge a flat trip fee for emergency calls. Most also charge a higher rate for their first hour than subsequent hours.
- Expertise & Certifications – The more highly trained your electrician is, the more they can charge you.
- Parts – The parts required to resolve your electrical emergency will also play a part in calculating cost. For example, replacing one faulty circuit breaker costs far less than replacing a whole electrical panel.
- Distance – How far your electrician must travel to serve your needs can influence the price of emergency service.
Can I Do Electrical Repairs on My Own?
Most of the time, electrical work is best left to professionals. This is doubly true when it comes to emergency electrical repairs. When something has already gone wrong, any mistakes made during the repair process increase the likelihood of serious problems like electrical fires and electrocution.
In order to repair electrical problems safely, you need to hire a professional electrician. They have the experience to deal with issues that could damage your home or cause injury. Here are just some of the ways the electricians at Mr. Electric make emergency repairs safer:
- Experienced electricians – At Mr. Electric, we only hire experienced and qualified electricians. Each of our experienced professionals has the knowledge needed to solve your problem and prevent further damage.
- Quality work – We guarantee our work, so if it’s not up to par the first time, we’ll come back and fix it. That said, we’re confident that we’ll solve your problem the first time around.
- Quick response time – Many of our locations offer 24 hour emergency electrical services 7 days a week. We know that when disaster strikes, you can’t just sit around and wait. We’ll get to your home as quickly as possible so that further damage doesn’t occur.
- Safety measures – We follow the latest rules and regulations for electrical work. And when we make repairs, we always do so in a way that ensures your problems don’t return later.
- Circuit breaker replacement – Circuit breakers that constantly trip pose a threat of short circuits and other electrical issues. Upgrading to a higher capacity breaker can help.
- Wire replacement – Old wiring poses a fire risk and can prevent your electronics from working properly.
- Electrical outlet replacement – Older homes may have two-pronged outlets that aren’t up to code and risk shocks. Replace yours with upgraded three-pronged outlets or GFCI outlets today.
- Fuse box replacement – Old-fashioned fuse boxes don’t work nearly as well as modern circuit breakers. Upgrade yours today to prevent a variety of electrical issues.
- Electrical code updates – Keeping your home up to code is a great way to stay safe. Upgrades can also increase the sale value of your home and make it easier to sell to prospective buyers.
- Lighting repairs – Poor lighting poses a variety of hazards. Don’t get caught trying to fix lighting issues on your own. Call the professionals who can help you avoid danger.
- Ceiling fan repairs – No one wants to repair a ceiling fan on their own. Our electricians can repair your ceiling fan so you don’t have to.
- Electrical panel repairs – A faulty electrical panel poses a serious risk. Don’t let yours go unaddressed.
How to Find an Emergency Electrician Near You
Mr. Electric serves residential and commercial customers across the U.S. We promise to deliver prompt, professional emergency electrical service you can count on. To receive 24/7 emergency services from your local Mr. Electric, call now or find your Mr. Electric location online.