Recessed Lighting Installation in Austin, TX
The Area’s Leading Recessed Lighting Installers
When it comes to lighting your home, you have many different options, from standing lamps to wall sconces. One of homeowners’ favorite forms of lighting is recessed lighting. Recessed lighting is the perfect combination of beauty and functionality. With many different styles and designs, recessed lighting can meet the needs of any home or business owner. Mr. Electric of Austin offers recessed lighting installation in Austin, Texas. Our team can help you plan the layout of recess lighting in your ceiling and install them for you. Learn more about our recessed lighting installation services.
Understanding Recessed Lighting
If you are unfamiliar with the term recessed lighting, you might be wondering what a recessed light fixture is. Recessed lighting is a category of light fixtures that are installed into the ceiling. Instead of hanging below the surface of your ceiling, a recessed light fixture is placed inside your ceiling with no part of it hanging down. Recessed lighting is often called in-ceiling lighting for that reason. Recessed light fixtures come in many different shapes, sizes, and styles. Working with a licensed recessed lighting installer is important because the setup involves wiring the fixture to your home’s electrical system.
The Anatomy of a Recessed Lighting Fixture
When you set out to install recessed lighting in your home or business, you have some choices to make. One of the biggest decisions you will face is what fixture to install. Recessed light installation includes many different types of fixtures. However, all recessed light fixtures will have the same basic components. When you are looking at light fixtures, you should consider the following:
- The Housing – The housing (sometimes called the can) is the part of the light fixture that is recessed above the surface of your ceiling. This includes the wiring, socket, and materials surrounding the light bulb.
- The Trim – The trim is the most visible part of your recessed lighting fixture. It is the part of the light that can be seen framing the light fixture. Trims can be customized and picked to match the style of your décor.
- The Bulb – The bulb is the light source in the light fixture. We can install recessed lighting that works with a variety of bulbs, including fluorescent, incandescent, or LED. It’s crucial to use the proper wattage of bulb to prevent overheating.
How to Install Recessed Lighting
If you’re an ambitious DIYer, you might be asking yourself, “Do I need an electrician to install recessed lighting?” The short answer is yes. Unless you are an experienced licensed electrician, you can create a safety hazard by improperly installing a recessed light fixture. The installation process often involves wiring, checking breaker capacity, and even removing parts of your ceiling. A mistake as minor as using the wrong bulb can result in serious damage to your home. When you compare how much it costs to install recessed lighting to the benefits, it becomes clear that you should work with professionals like Mr. Electric of Austin.
What Can Recessed Lighting Do for Your Home?
Recessed lighting has many advantages when compared to other forms of light fixtures. In-ceiling lighting is versatile, beautiful, valuable, and high-tech. Some of the reasons that you should consider using an electrician to install recessed lighting include the following:
- Versatility – Recessed lighting fixtures come in many different styles and configurations. Whether you want directional eyeball lights or energy-efficient LED lights, we will have a recessed light fixture to suit your needs.
- Functionality and Beauty – Recessed lighting is both practical and beautiful. This type of fixture is a perfect choice for small spaces or spaces with low ceilings. You can install dazzling recessed lights that draw the eye or understated fixtures that don’t distract from other features of the room.
- Increased Value – If you want to make a home upgrade that can increase your long-term property value, recessed light installation is the way to go. It’s a great way to make your home more visually appealing and put equity back into your property.
- Smart Technology Compatible – Modern recessed light fixtures can connect to other smart devices, allowing you to program your lights or turn them on simply by speaking to a smart home management device.
Schedule a Recessed Lighting Installation Appointment Now!
At Mr. Electric of Austin, we have earned a place in the hearts of many Austin homeowners because of our professionalism, reliability, convenience, and expertise. We offer upfront pricing, always explaining costs ahead of time. Customers can easily schedule appointments at times that work with their schedules. We even offer Advantage Plan® memberships for customers who want special deals and priority scheduling. Schedule your recessed lighting installation appointment today!