Electrical Code Updates & Corrections in Austin, TX
Helping Avoid Electrical Hazards
Electrical code updates are essential to keeping your home or office as safe as possible. Mr. Electric of Austin helps Austin, TX, customers protect their electrical systems with electrical code updates and corrections. Fires occur yearly due to electrical hazards that leave over $600 in property damage. Our electrical professionals help lower your electrocution and fire risk in your home or office with upgraded electrical codes. We are extensively trained to understand and enforce modern electrical code rules. We will provide a free estimate on our electrical services for any necessary upgrades. Contact us today to learn more.
We Specialize in Electrical Code Updates
We are trained in local and national electrical code updates. The National Electrical Code (NEC) changes every three years to help reduce fire hazards and electrocution. The NEC sets code standards for the safe design, installation, and inspection of your electrical wiring. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) requirements are an example of stricter policies to help reduce the risk of electrical shock. We stay updated on current electrical code updates to help keep our customers safe in their homes or businesses.
Benefits of Electrical Updates
Our expert electrical professionals understand the challenges of code compliance. Since the codes get updated every three years, it’s essential to stay on top of these changes. Mr. Electric of Austin will check your home or business for any outdated wiring and inspect for any issues that are not updated to meet electrical code updates. If you question your current electrical wiring, reach out to us for answers. Some of the most significant benefits of electrical update services include the following:
- Our experts will check all electrical components of your home or business to ensure they are updated on the latest NEC requirements to help lower the risk of fire.
- We are happy to inspect a potential new home before you purchase it to ensure the electrical codes are updated.
- If you’re selling your home, we can help avoid delays in the sale by providing electrical updates and corrections.
- Electrical code updates help protect you against injuries, liability problems, and loss of life due to electrical accidents.
Number of Required Circuits
There is not a required amount of circuits you need in your home. The number of electrical circuits you should have depends on the amount of electricity consumption in your home and the type of devices that are using that electricity. If your circuit breaker is overloading due to too much electricity, you need more circuits. We recommend staying updated with the amount of circuits that keeps your home safe from any fire hazards.
Important 2020 NEC Electrical Code Updates
We’re committed to helping make your home and business a safe place without electrical hazards. It’s important to understand the newest electrical code updates to ensure your home or business is updated. Some of the most important 2020 NEC electrical code updates to remember for your residential electrical code requirements include:
- Load calculation tables need to be revised to meet modern improvement’s energy efficiency. These changes were made to reflect modern updates, including energy-efficient LED lighting.
- All new one-and-two-family homes must install exterior emergency power disconnect switches. The power disconnect switches make it safer for emergency responders.
- All 125- and 250-volt receptacles that are supplied by a single-phase circuit with 150 volts or less to the ground must have GFCI protection.
- Electrical work safety is boosted with de-energizing panel boards; new service disconnect rules.
- You must cover any cables that are installed on the ceiling or walls.
- All basement receptacles must have GFCI protection.
- There are increased surge protection requirements to help protect sensitive safety equipment like hardwired smoke alarms.
- If your Ethernet cables transmit electrical power and data together, there is a new section of updates governing their use.
- Solar-generated energy storage requirement revisions help keep up with updated home energy storage technology like the use of the Tesla Powerwall home battery.
- Electric vehicle battery power has a new code that governs how homeowners can transfer power between their EV and home wiring.
Schedule Electrical Code Updates & Corrections
Mr. Electric of Austin is here to help you understand the necessary electrical code updates and corrections you may need for your home or business. Our electrical experts will inspect your system and ensure it is compliant. As more modern electronic devices hit the market, the NEC is more critical than ever before. We help protect you and your home from deadly electrical shocks and fires by enforcing these rules and regulations. Our electric professionals are always here for you and offer upfront pricing on our electric services. Contact us today to get a free estimate on our electrical code updates and corrections services.