EV Charger Installation in Austin, TX
EVSE Charging Station Installation
If you recently purchased an electric vehicle, you may need to upgrade to the proper EV charger to meet its needs. Mr. Electric of Austin provides EV charger installation for Austin, TX, homeowners. Our electric experts offer multiple types of EV charging stations to meet your needs. We will recommend the perfect EV charger for you. Our residential electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation and services provide you with the necessary power for your vehicle. Contact us to learn more today!
What Is an EV Charger?
Even in its most basic form, an EV charger pulls an electrical current to deliver electricity to your vehicle for a charge. Think of it as a high-powered charging device. The EV charger is a small part of a complete charging station that gives your vehicle the needed electricity for power. We also install EV charger breakers for a boost in safety.
Types of EV Chargers
Almost all major car manufacturers now have their unique make of electric vehicles. All electric vehicles require EVSE, or electric vehicle supply equipment. An EV charging station is where you can recharge your vehicle to ensure it is powered up for your next journey. The levels of EV charging devices include:
- Level 1 Charger – A Level 1 charger is the charger that comes standard with most electric vehicle purchases. It can be plugged into a normal three-prong outlet with professional installation. We recommend charging your vehicle overnight because charging can take up to 20 hours.
- Level 2 Charger – A advanced Level 2 EVSE charger needs a 240-volt circuit. It must be professionally installed in your home. Level 2 charges can power up your vehicle in about three hours. Some electric vehicles now come standard with a Level 2 charger.
- Level 3 Charger – A Level 3 charger is the EVSE charger that is most commonly found at public charging stations. A Level 3 charger provides 160 miles of driving range power in 90 minutes. The industrial-level power draw of this charger is not typically compatible with your home.
We will help you choose the best type of EV charger for you. The level of your charger usually depends on your specific electric vehicle and your driving habits. If you need to charge your vehicle frequently, we recommend a Level 2 charger. A Level 1 charger is an excellent choice if you only need an overnight charger.
Benefits of EV Chargers for Homes
Do you really need an EV charger for your home? We understand many new electric vehicle owners overlook the need for an EV charging station. You can live without a charging station, but it might be an inconvenience. It’s important to have fast and easy access to a nearby EV charger. A home EV charger is convenient and helps you get power quickly. You don’t need to make additional time to travel to charge your vehicle. Your utility bills may rise a little, but you will save money on gasoline. An EV charger station for your home is the perfect complement to your new electric vehicle.
EV Charging Station Installation
Mr. Electric of Austin sends experienced and professional electricians to your home to install your Level 2 chargers. You can expect the following when you install your EV charger, including:
- We extensively examine your EVSE equipment and site for any problems.
- We ensure your electrical system can support a Level 2 charger’s power draw by upgrading the existing electrical system with a 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring.
- We install the EVSE charging station and equipment following all Electrical Code standards.
- We perform a start-up inspection to verify the equipment is working correctly.
- We inform you about the equipment features, limitations, correct usage, warranty terms, and necessary maintenance.
Trust our EVSE Charger Installation Professionals
Mr. Electric of Austin is here for all your EV charging needs. Our experienced professionals have completed thousands of EV charger installations. We can thoroughly explain our EV infrastructure installation process and provide a portfolio of our completed work. We know many modern vehicle makers are upgrading to electric vehicles, so we want to help you understand their electric needs. We also offer electrical safety inspections to ensure all the electrical components in your home are working correctly to lower the risk of fire.
Contact Mr. Electric of Austin
Mr. Electric of Austin is your trusted local electric company. Our EV charger equipment is designed to help keep your vehicle and home safe while your EV chargers. We understand the need to quickly power up your car and get on the road. Our team will help you determine the best type of EV charger for your vehicle and home. Our electric professionals offer honest pricing without any surprises. We back our work and our parts with a guarantee. Contact us today for a free estimate on our EV charger services and installation schedule.