EV Chargers in Wichita, KS
Installing & Servicing Home EV Chargers
As more drivers invest in electric vehicles, their demands for convenient electric vehicle (EV) chargers at home have increased. If you own and drive an electric vehicle, and a convenient and safely installed, state-of-the-art home charging station sounds appealing in your garage, Mr. Electric of Wichita’s highly trained and friendly electrical experts will gladly help you choose one and then install it. We have an impressive selection of the industry’s most advanced, high-quality, and fully featured charging systems to choose from. After you select a charging option that fits your needs, you can trust us for professional electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation and service in and around Wichita, Andover, Douglass, and Wellington, KS. Get in touch with us today for more information about our EVSE solutions and how we can help you with safe and reliable at-home electric vehicle charging.
What Is an EVSE Charger You Install at Your Home?
EVSE chargers provide electric energy to recharge electric vehicles at your home, letting you stay comfortable and carry on your daily life while your car is plugged into your charger. We have electric vehicle charging devices available at three levels, including the following:
- Level 1 Charger – Level 1 chargers typically come standard when purchasing most electric vehicles, and you can plug them into any standard, three-prong outlet. Setting up this charger requires no installation, but one drawback is how slowly it charges vehicle batteries. Level 1 EVSE chargers are most suitable to use overnight because reaching a full charge can take 20 hours or longer.
- Level 2 Charger – Level 2 chargers are a little more advanced than Level 1 options. These chargers require their own dedicated 240-volt circuits that a licensed electrician will need to install professionally in your garage. Level 2 chargers will fully charge your vehicle much faster than Level 1 chargers (typically in around three hours). Today, more and more electric vehicle manufacturers add a Level 2 charger as part of each new electric vehicle purchase.
- Level 3 Charger – Level 3 chargers are standalone devices you may have noticed at EV charging stations in public spaces. These chargers can increase your vehicle’s battery’s driving range by up to 160 miles in around 30 minutes. However, Level 3 chargers operate with an industrial-level power draw, making them unavailable to residential customers. If you work at or own an industrial building, we may possibly be able to install a Level 3 charger at your industrial property.
Which EVSE Charger Type is the Best Option for You?
You will want to consider your regular driving habits when choosing which EV charger type is right for your vehicle. Many electric vehicle owners can make do using a Level 1 charger at home. However, you may want to invest in a Level 2 charger and have our team install it if you find that you need to recharge your electric vehicle in the middle of the day. Mr. Electric of Wichita can guide you through our selection and help you decide which EV charger is perfect for you based on your unique charging needs.
EVSE Charger Installation Services in Wichita, KS
When you have our Mr. Electric of Wichita’s highly trained service professionals install a Level 2 charger in your garage, you can expect a thorough service experience while we cover all bases. During our Level 2 charger installations, we perform all the following steps:
- Perform a full inspection of all charging equipment before installing it
- Perform a site inspection, ensuring we install equipment following manufacturer specifications
- Complete electrical system upgrades, including ensuring your system supports your quicker-charging Level 2 charger with a new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring
- Install your EVSE equipment while adhering to all local permit/code requirements and National Electrical Code requirements
- Verify your equipment functions properly in its operational environment
- Complete all EVSE information the customer receives on correct usage, equipment features, warranty terms, necessary maintenance, and limitations
Contact Mr. Electric for Reliable EV Charger Installation
Mr. Electric has completed more than 7,000 EV charger installations to date. Our years of hands-on training and experience ensure we can offer homeowners a robust portfolio of EV charging options, including EVSE charging stations. We can also touch every part of your installation process with circuit protection equipment in Wichita, Douglass, Andover, and Wellington, KS. Contact Mr. Electric of Wichita’s friendly and talented service professionals today to get safe and convenient EV charging options at your home.