Electrical Code Updates and Corrections in Wichita, KS
Avoid a Fire With An Electrical Code Update
Electrical code updates and corrections are designed to ensure your home or office is as safe as possible. The team at Mr. Electric of Wichita is dedicated to helping Wichita, Andover, Douglas, and Wellington, KS, customers keep their homes updated with the latest electrical code. These updates can help you avoid electrical fires, which left over $600 in property damage on average. The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) reported that faulty wiring led to the deaths of hundreds and thousands of fires yearly. Mr. Electric of Wichita is here to help lower your risk of electrical accidents while ensuring your home is safe. You can learn more about our electrical code updates and correction services by scheduling a quote today.
The Importance of Electrical Code Updates and Corrections
Each technician on our team is trained and keeps up to date with local and national electrical code updates. Every three years, the National Electrical Code (NEC) is updated and makes changes to help reduce electrical fire hazards and electrocutions. The NEC sets the industry standard for safe designs, installation, and inspections of your home’s electrical system. For example, they recently made Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) mandatory for any room with access to excess moisture. This is one of the ways they’ve implemented stricter requirements to help keep you safe. As the leading electrical company in Wichita, KS, Mr. Electric of Wichita remains current on all electrical code changes, updates, and corrections to keep our customers safe.
Benefits of Electrical Code Updates
Keeping on top of any changes to the electrical code is vital. Thankfully, our team understands the challenges presented by electrical code updates and corrections. Mr. Electric of Wichita will thoroughly inspect the electrical system of your home or business and note any changes or upgrades that need to be made to meet the new electrical code. Take a look at some of the benefits our electrical code update services offer:
- Our highly-trained technicians will thoroughly inspect all electrical components of your home or business, checking to see if they meet the updated NEC electrical code updates. We aim to reduce your chance of electrical fire and accidents.
- Mr. Electric of Wichita will thoroughly inspect any potential home purchase to ensure everything is up to code and safe for you and your family.
- Avoid delays when selling your home by scheduling our electrical update and corrections service.
- NEC updates are designed to protect you from injuries, liability concerns, and even loss of life due to unsafe electrical components.
Vital 2020 NEC Electrical Code Updates and Corrections
Mr. Electric of Wichita is dedicated to helping you keep your home or business a safe place. We recommend scheduling our electrical code update services at least every three years to remain up to date. Understanding the latest code is vital to know what updates and corrections need. Here are some of the most critical updates to the 2020 NEC electrical code:
- All load calculation tables must be updated and revised to reflect the energy efficiency of most modern improvements. The changes will reflect updates to items like LED lighting, which is more energy-efficient than traditional lightbulbs.
- Every new one-and-two-family home must install exterior emergency power disconnect switches. This is to make it safer for emergency responders to disconnect power to the home quickly.
- It’s now a requirement that GFCI protection includes 125- and 250-volt receptacles supplied by a single-phase circuit with 150 volts or less to the ground.
- Electrical work safety includes de-energizing panel boards having altered service disconnect rules. This is to improve overall workplace safety.
- All cables installed on walls and ceilings must be covered.
- Regardless of whether the basement is finished, GFCI protection is required on all basement receptacles.
- The surge protection requirements have increased to protect sensitive safety equipment further.
- All new ethernet cables that transmit electrical power and data must be included in a new section governing their use.
- There was a revision to solar-generated energy storage requirements, which was done to remain up to date with transforming home energy storage technologies.
- Electric vehicle battery power was given a new code that governs how homeowners can transfer power between their vehicle and their home’s wiring.
Take Advantage of Our Electrical Code Updates Today
If you have any questions about any updates to the code, Mr. Electric of Wichita is here to help. Our team has the skills and training to identify and correct concerns, ensuring your home or business is safe and up to code. We specialize in ensuring properties are correctly updated. When you call us, you can get peace of mind knowing that we offer upfront and honest pricing. Call us today to schedule your electrical code update inspection.