Ballast & Bulb Replacement Services Des Moines, IA
Commercial Lighting Solutions to Save You Money
As a business owner in Des Moines, IA, your commercial lighting might not be at the top of your list of concerns. However, up to 35% of your total energy use is due to your building’s lighting. Mr. Electric of Central Iowa helps your company save money with a collection of the most effective and energy-efficient commercial lighting solutions. We offer ballast and bulb replacement services for Des Moines business owners and operators. Our electricians can decide if your company uses the correct lighting solution and light bulb combination, and we use this assessment to help you get the most bang for your buck. Lighting solutions come in many available options, and we can help you find the perfect solution for your business. Learn more about our electrical services and get in touch with us today to request an estimate.
The Differences Between Commercial & Residential Light Fixtures
Mr. Electric of Central Iowa specializes in commercial and residential electrical services. Commercial lighting differs from residential lighting because electricians specially design it to illuminate your premises and accommodate various business activities, including sales, manufacturing, and other commercial options. We offer custom lighting solutions for Iowa companies, such as multiple designs, colors, and intensities. Ballast bulb replacement is a service we offer only to businesses. Companies use commercial ballasts with fluorescent lights to limit the current to their bulbs to avoid issues like overheating and burning out. We match ballasts specifically to the light bulbs they operate. While we also offer residential fluorescent bulbs, the commercial versions create more heat and produce stronger magnetic interference. Fluorescent bulb and ballast replacement require professional installation by a licensed electrician to protect against electronic interference and fire hazards.
Which Light Bulbs Are Best for Your Business?
The light bulb types most suitable for your business depend on what industry your company is in and what you want to achieve. Mr. Electric of Central Iowa’s team of electricians would be happy to help you make the best choice for your business’s lighting. Check out your options:
- Incandescent – These light bulbs feature older technology, making them less efficient than other bulb options. Incandescent bulbs are best applied to task lighting requiring high brightness levels. Incandescent light bulb types include general service/standard, xenon, and reflectorized. The Department of Energy requires incandescent light bulbs to produce the same amount of light using less wattage than they did before 2012.
- Halogen – This option is twice as efficient as incandescent bulbs. You get a very bright, white light with halogen light bulbs. People often use these light bulbs for outdoor applications, including security upgrades and stadium lighting.
- Fluorescent – Fluorescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) are the most commonly used commercial lighting option and use significantly less electricity than incandescent bulbs. Your fluorescent light bulbs will last 10 times longer and produce the same amount of light as incandescent bulbs. You can save energy using CFLs in standard light sockets compared to incandescent lamps. Be careful to dispose of fluorescents properly since they contain mercury.
- HID/Metal Halide – Consider high-intensity discharge bulbs if you need an extremely efficient option producing large quantities of very bright light. HID light bulbs do not produce pleasant light colors, but businesses commonly use them for warehouses and industrial applications.
- LED – These light bulbs typically last longer and are more energy-efficient than any other light bulbs on the market. Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) will last 35 to 50 times longer and use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
Reasons to Update Your Commercial Lighting
Mr. Electric of Central Iowa’s professional electricians can do much more than replace your ballasts or bulbs. We offer commercial lighting services if you need new lights because of any of the following:
- Lights don’t turn off or on when they should
- Lights appear dim or flicker
- Light bulbs burn out frequently
- Lights are cracked or burnt out
- Lighting color seems off
- You prefer softer, cooler, or brighter light
- Lights are not achieving your desired level of illumination
- Upgrading will provide you energy savings and added convenience
The Importance of Energy Efficient Commercial Lighting
You should always consider energy efficiency and performance when selecting the right type of lighting for your business. Businesses can cut their lighting energy usage in half by upgrading their commercial lighting using the latest technology. Don’t forget that proper installation makes a significant difference, and our professional electricians can also help with fixture selection. Your lighting upgrades will likely pay for themselves in a few years. Mr. Electric of Central Iowa caters to many types of lighting, such as the following:
- Bathroom lighting
- Compact fluorescent
- Custom lighting
- Kitchen lighting
- Landscape lighting
- Metal halide
- Motion sensors
- Neon lights
- Projector bulbs
- Recessed lighting
- Security lighting
- Sodium lamps
- Track and accent
Upgrade Your Commercial Lighting Today
Now that you know more about commercial lighting, you can contact Mr. Electric of Central Iowa to schedule a consultation. We work with local businesses in Des Moines, IA and the surrounding areas and would be happy to offer you a quote for ballast replacements, fluorescent light bulbs, and more. Contact us today to start your lighting project.