Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Content

Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector Installations in Ocala, FL

Protect Your Family from Preventable Disasters

The Journal of the American Medical Association states that 2,100 people die annually in the United States from unintentional carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Additionally, carbon monoxide poisoning is the country’s leading poisoning death cause. Because carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, this dangerous gas is an undetectable killer if you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector. However, you can easily prevent carbon monoxide poisoning by installing a carbon monoxide detector to protect your home and family. Furthermore, the law mandates homeowners must install smoke detectors inside their homes. Protecting your family against domestic disasters is simple and affordable with Mr. Electric of Ocala completing a carbon monoxide and smoke detector installation at your Ocala, Summerfield, Belleview, or Dunnellon, FL home.

Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector Installations in Ocala, FL

Protect Your Family from Preventable Disasters

Mr. Electric logo on mat with tools on it.

Book an Appointment

  • Mr. Electric of Ocala ensures you meet local and state laws when we install smoke detectors to protect your home. According to these laws, residents must place smoke detectors near each bedroom in their houses. You might also need to place smoke detectors in garages, stairways, and halls. New construction laws mandate homeowners must connect smoke detectors to a new home’s electrical wiring. Additionally, these detectors must also feature a battery backup system while interconnecting with one another. According to the National Fire Protection Association, residents should always replace old smoke detectors every 10 years. The lifespan of these detectors is only good for 10 years. Over time, a smoke detector system’s electrical components lose their reliability. With our help, you can select the best smoke detectors for your home, including the following:

    • Ionization – This detector type has a continuous current running between electrodes. When smoke travels into a unit, it interrupts the current and sounds an alarm.
    • Photoelectric – With this detector type, a unit responds to light reduction reaching an internal photocell. Smoke going into the unit scatters light and causes the alarm to sound.
mr. electric electrician helping a customer.

What Are the Sources of Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide buildup can happen because of various household appliances, such as furnaces, water heaters, wood or gas fireplaces, gas ranges or stoves, and gas clothes dryers. You should be aware of additional CO sources, such as fuel-burning space heaters, gas or charcoal grills, and car exhaust. Using these features and appliances when they have venting malfunctions or in a poorly ventilated area can result in rapid carbon monoxide buildup. A clogged chimney or closed woodstove flue can also cause CO to back up and fill your home. Mr. Electric of Ocala makes customer safety our top priority. You can avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in the following ways:

  • Install at least one CO detector on each level of your home and outside each bedroom.
  • Replace the batteries in your CO detector every six-12 months.
  • Never run a generator, vehicle, or device featuring a fuel-fed motor in your home or garage.
  • Always turn off your vehicle when it’s parked inside your garage.
  • If you purchase gas equipment or appliances, invest in those with the American Gas Association or Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL) seal of approval.
  • Get your gas appliances inspected annually by a licensed appliance professional.
  • Never use flameless chemical heaters in enclosed spaces or indoors.
  • Get repairs from a service expert if your gas appliance malfunctions.
  • When burning or lighting a fire in your fireplace or furnace, be sure to open the flue.
  • Never use a gas oven to heat your home.
  • If you use a grill, always operate it in a well-ventilated outdoor area.
  • Use battery-operated heaters when you go camping.
  • Make proper adjustments to all gas appliances and use an exhaust fan when appropriate.
  • Understand the different sounds your smoke detector and CO detector make.
  • Contact your local fire department if a CO detector exceeds your price range. These professionals have programs in place to assist elderly and low-income households in acquiring these devices.
  • Have you installed a detector in your home to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning? If a CO leak occurs due to a malfunctioning appliance while your family is in bed for the night, you’ll never stir from your sleep to notice this poisonous gas without installing a carbon monoxide detector. Furthermore, carbon monoxide can cause death in your family within minutes, depending on the carbon monoxide level building up in your home. CO detectors detect when carbon monoxide levels go up and alert you when there’s a poisoning risk. Many people don’t know CO poisoning symptoms, so we’ve listed several examples to benefit you and your family. Symptoms can mimic dealing with the flu without a fever. Seek help if you notice any of the following warning signs:

    • Headache
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Sleepiness
    • Lightheadedness
    • Vomiting
    • Fatigue or weakness
    • Shortness of breath
    • Irregular breathing
    • Chest pain
    • Confusion
Service You Can Trust!

Let us know how we can help you today.