EVSE Charger Installation & Service in Houston, TX
Charge Your Electric Car From Home
An electric vehicle is definitely an exciting purchase, but then the practicality of needing the right setup to charge your new car kicks in. Mr. Electric of Northwest Houston provides professional EVSE charger installation and service for home and business owners in Houston, TX. Our team sells and installs electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) chargers so you can take advantage of the benefits of electric cars, including saving money on gas, getting better mileage, and doing your part for the environment. However, you need an easy and reliable way to charge your electric vehicle at home. You can count on our electricians to provide EVSE charger installation services whether you recently purchased a car or want to offer EVSE charging stations at your commercial location. Get in touch with us today to request a quote.
How EVSE Chargers Work
An EV charger supplies electrical energy to an electric vehicle to recharge it. Charging stations are dedicated circuits that require the right amount of power to charge an electric car, truck, or SUV. For safety purposes, EVSE chargers require a breaker. Our professionals will help you select the correct type of charger for your home or business in Houston, Tomball, or Conroe, TX. You’re in capable hands if you’ve been searching for what is EVSE charger. Whether you’re planning ahead or you realize you need a charging option after buying an electric car, we have you covered.
Your EVSE Charger Options
There are three types of EVSE chargers available on the market today. The type that’s right for you depends on your preferences, budget, setup, and driving habits. Learn more about your options for EVSE chargers:
- Level 1 Charger – You should receive this type of charger when you purchase an electric vehicle. You can plug a level one charger into a standard three-prong outlet in your garage, and there’s no need for installation. While this may sound great, the downside is that level one chargers take a long time before you can drive your car. It can take at least 20 hours to get a full charge on a level one EVSE charger. This works for some drivers who are able to charge their cars overnight and don’t drive very many miles in one day.
- Level 2 Charger – As the next step up, a level two charger requires a dedicated 240-volt circuit and professional installation. With a level two charger, it will take about three hours to fully charge your car. Many auto manufacturers now include a level two charger with your car purchase, but you don’t want to attempt a DIY installation because working with electricity is not safe for the untrained professional.
- Level 3 Charger – These standalone EVSE chargers are designed for public charging stations because they require an industrial level-power drain unsuitable for residential use. It will take about an hour and a half to charge an electric battery for 160 miles of driving using a level three charger. Our team can install level three chargers at your place of business in Texas.
Comprehensive EVSE Charger Services
You don’t need us to help you with your level one charger, but professional installation is required for level two and level three chargers. In addition to installation, we can also perform troubleshooting if you are experiencing any problems with your charger. We will determine if your EVSE charger can be repaired or needs to be replaced. Our team offers estimates for EVSE charger installation and service costs, so don’t hesitate to contact us. Some of the many services Mr. Electric of Northwest Houston offers for EVSE chargers include:
- Comprehensive inspections of all equipment before installation.
- Upgrading electrical systems for level two or three chargers, including adding new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuits, and 8-AWG wiring if necessary.
- Inspecting your residential or commercial property to ensure your equipment has been installed according to manufacturer specifications.
- Ensuring all your EVSE equipment meets local code requirements and permits, as well as the National Electric Code.
- Providing you with complete information about correct usage, equipment features, limitations, necessary maintenance, warranty terms, and more.
- Performing start-up inspections to ensure all new equipment works correctly while in operation.
Schedule Your Electric Vehicle Charger Service Today
You’re likely excited about your new electric vehicle purchase, so allow us to help you by taking the hassle out of the charging process. You won’t need to wait for 20 hours or bring your vehicle to a public charging station when you have the right EVSE charger in your garage. Contact us today to get started by requesting a quote.