EV Chargers in Middletown, DE
Offering Home EV Chargers Installation & Service
More people are switching to electric vehicles, so the need for convenient electric vehicle (EV) chargers is going up. If you own an electric vehicle and can benefit from the convenience and safety offered by our state-of-the-art home charging stations, Mr. Electric of Middletown’s electrical experts would be happy to help install and service one at your home. We offer a high-quality selection of the most advanced, fully featured charging systems sold today and provide professional electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation and service in Middletown, DE and cities and towns throughout New Castle County and Kent County. Call us today!
What Is a Home EVSE Charger?
EVSE chargers supply electric energy to recharge electric vehicles from the comfort of your home conveniently. Mr. Electric of Middletown has three levels of electric vehicle charging devices available, including the following:
- Level 1 Charger – The Level 1 charger comes standard with most electric vehicles. You can plug this option into any normal three-prong outlet. These chargers require no installation, but they charge vehicle batteries slower than the other two levels. Level 1 EVSE chargers are best for overnight use since fully charging your vehicle can take 20 hours or more.
- Level 2 Charger – The Level 2 charger is a bit more advanced and requires its own dedicated 240-volt circuit. You need a licensed electrician to professionally install this charger in your garage. Level 2 chargers will bring your vehicle to a full charge much faster than Level 1 chargers (about three hours), and many electric vehicle manufacturers include a Level 2 charger with each new car purchase.
- Level 3 Charger – The Level 3 charger is the standalone device you might have seen at public EV charging stations. This charger can add 160 miles of driving range to a vehicle’s battery in around 30 minutes. However, they have an industrial-level power draw, so they’re unavailable to homeowners. If you own or work at an industrial building, you may be able to have a Level 3 charger installed there.
Which Type of EVSE Charger Is the Right Choice for You?
You will want to choose the right type of EV charger based on your driving habits. Many EV owners can manage their vehicle charging needs with a Level 1 charger, but if you end up needing to recharge your vehicle in the middle of your day, installing a Level 2 EV charger might be a better investment than a Level 1 EV charger. Mr. Electric of Middletown can help you choose the best EV charger by considering your unique needs.
EVSE Charger Installation Services in Middletown
When Mr. Electric of Middletown’s talented professionals install a Level 2 charger in your home, you can expect them to do the following:
- Fully inspect all the equipment before installation
- Perform a site inspection to ensure equipment is installed following manufacturer specifications
- Upgrade your electrical system, including a new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring to support the quicker-charging Level 2 charger
- Install your EVSE equipment to conform to all National Electrical Code and local permit/code requirements
- Verify equipment is functioning properly in its operational environment
- Complete EVSE information provided to the customer on equipment features, correct usage, limitations, necessary maintenance, and warranty terms
Contact Mr. Electric Today for Expert EV Charger Installation
Mr. Electric has installed more than 7,000 EV chargers to date. Our years of professional experience let us offer a robust portfolio of EV charging solutions, including EVSE charging stations and circuit protection equipment, touching every part of the installation process in Middletown, DE and New Castle County and Kent County communities. Contact the professionals at Mr. Electric of Middletown today for safe and convenient EV charging solutions.