Signs You May Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
A defective electrical panel typically causes frequent circuit breaker trips. If your circuit breakers don’t trip in an electricity overload, it can cause melted wires, smoke, electric shock, or a fire. The following signs indicate you may need an electrical panel upgrade:
- You hear crackling or buzzing sounds near the electrical panel.
- You smell smoke around the electrical panel.
- Your electrical panel’s interior feels hot.
- You see corrosion or rust on the circuit breakers.
- You need to use multiple extension cords in your home.
- Your appliances will not run at maximum power.
- You notice frayed or melted wires inside the electrical panel.
- Your home has a 60-amp electrical service.
- Your home has a 100-amp electrical service that will not power all appliances.
- Your home has an older electrical panel system without a main breaker, including a fuse box or split-bus panel.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."