Do you tend to frequently use extension cords or hunt for free outlets because your home’s electrical outlets aren’t where you need them? You might think of electrical outlets as permanent fixtures, but a highly trained and licensed electrical professional can install new outlets for safer and more convenient power use. An electrician can place an outlet by your favourite reading chair to power a lamp or behind your entertainment centre to support your television, stereo, and gaming system’s electrical demands. Even if your home doesn't require more electrical outlets, you may want to install them if your current outlets are old or show signs of damage. Outlets tripping frequently or sparking whenever you plug devices into them may pose a safety hazard. More importantly, homeowners need to replace any two-pronged outlets because electrical professionals consider them unsafe compared to three-pronged, grounded outlets. Fortunately, Mr. Electric of Edmontonoffers electrical outlet installation services in Edmonton and Sherwood Park, AB. You can educate yourself on the various types of electrical outlets our technicians will install for you!
- USB Outlets – Don’t let USB adapters clutter up your outlets. Adding an outlet featuring dedicated USB charging ports can liberate your outlets and make them available for other devices.
- Tamper-Resistant Outlets – If you have children in the home, we recommend considering these childproof outlets to prevent electrical shock and other hazards. These outlets offer more protection than placing plastic plugs in your current outlets.
- Two-Duplex Outlets – Two plugs might not be enough. You can upgrade your outlets from two-duplex options to four places, letting you plug in more devices and appliances.
- 15-Amp Outlets – These three-pronged outlets are standard home outlets and are ideal in domestic areas where people are less likely to plug in and run multiple high-power-drawing devices simultaneously.
- 20-Amp Outlets – You can spot a 20-amp outlet in your home by looking at an outlet’s left plug and seeing a horizontal slit. These outlets provide more power to support electronics like power tools and kitchen appliances.
- 30-Amp Outlets – These high-powered outlets are often used specifically to power heavy-duty appliances like furnaces, water heaters, and RVs.
- 50-Amp Outlets – 50-amp outlets are the most powerful outlets electrical professionals can install in residential properties. Homeowners use them for major appliances like ovens, air conditioners, and clothes dryers.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."