Modern homes use more electricity than ever before. Between all the appliances and gadgets we use daily, it takes an updated electrical system to keep up with the continued demand. Some homeowners try keeping up with it by installing more outlets, but that can cause problems if your circuits can’t accommodate them. Fortunately, the licensed electricians at Mr. Electric of Edmonton provide professional circuit installation and upgrades for homeowners in Edmonton, AB, and the surrounding areas, including Sherwood Park. Whether you need a new circuit breaker expertly installed or your current circuitry updated, we can help. Reach out to our team to learn more about our professional circuit breaker installation and update services!
Why Should You Update Your Circuits?
There are several reasons homeowners have their circuits updated. Providing protection for your loved ones, electronics, and property is the main benefit of updating your circuits. However, it's important to remember that a licensed electrician should perform all electrical work to have your circuits updated safely and efficiently. Some of the reasons you might want to update the circuits in your home include:
- Home Entertainment Centers – Whether you’re adding new features to your home entertainment system or want to be sure your current circuits can accommodate additional electrical demand, the team at Mr. Electric can help.
- Satellite or Cable Television – Our experts can help you upgrade your circuits if you want to add cable or satellite TV to various bedrooms in your home.
- Overloaded Outlets – Whether you wish you had more outlets, experience your circuit breaker tripping, or find yourself using too many extension cords and power strips, our licensed electricians have a solution.
- Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fan installations may require professional help to ensure they're hooked up to the right circuits. We can also add customizations to your ceiling fan, so you can turn the fan off without turning the light off or on simultaneously.
- Specialty Lighting – Specialty lighting has many benefits for homeowners. We can ensure your circuits are installed and upgraded, whether you're adding landscape lighting outdoors or accent lighting inside.
- Home Efficiency Upgrades – Home efficiency upgrades such as a solar water heater or electric vehicle charging station may require additional circuits to be installed. Our professionals will ensure your electrical system is ready to handle the additional electrical demand.
- Appliances – Adding extra heavy-duty appliances to your home means you'll need a professional electrical inspection and possibly upgrading your circuits or having additional ones installed.
- Security Systems – Security systems help homeowners protect their property, belongings, and loved ones. However, adding a new security system will require circuits to support its control panel.
- Emergency Generators – Having an emergency generator to use when the power goes out is convenient for homeowners, but these devices require dedicated sub-panels. We can help ensure your emergency generator is properly hooked up to your circuits.
- Home Office Equipment – If you have an office or workspace in your home, you may need additional outlets or circuits installed to meet the increased demand and support all your office equipment.
- Outdoor Electricity – Extending your access to electricity outdoors is a huge benefit for homeowners. From a new sprinkler system to outdoor appliances, we can ensure you have the right circuitry installed.
- Workshops or Garages – If you have an additional workspace, such as a garage or workshop, it’s beneficial to ensure you have enough outlets and the proper circuits installed for optimum efficiency and reliability.
Dedicated Kitchen Circuit Installation and Service
If tripping circuit breakers is a frequent occurrence in your home, your appliances may not be connected to dedicated circuits. The National Electrical Code requires dedicated circuits for major electrical appliances such as refrigerators because they ensure that appliances can operate safely.
Exterior Building Circuit Installation and Service
Exterior buildings provide valuable space for a range of needs. Equipping those outbuildings with electricity makes them more accessible day and night and expands their functionality. Your local Mr. Electric® provides electrical services for detached buildings in your area.
Hot Tub Circuit Installation and Service
A safe and effective hot tub installation requires a dedicated circuit. That circuit supplies power exclusively to the hot tub, and it should be installed by a licensed electrician.
Outdoor Kitchen Circuit Installation and Service
Few home upgrades are as functional and appealing as an outdoor kitchen. If you enjoy cooking and want to spend more time outdoors, this renovation will be worth it. Allow your local Mr. Electric® advise about your outdoor kitchen electrical requirements and perform expert electrical services.
Pool Circuit Installation and Service
Keeping your pool healthy and clear requires a pool pump, which in turn requires its own dedicated circuit. Your local Mr. Electric® offers full-service pool circuit installation, from obtaining the appropriate permits to connecting the pump to your home’s electrical panel.
Subpanel Installation and Service
The main electrical panel in your home is the conduit through which all of your home’s electricity is distributed throughout the house. Every home has one. Some homes also have a subpanel (or multiple subpanels) installed to distribute electricity to a specific, often distant, area of the property.
Tankless Water Heater Electrical Circuit Service
Make sure your household has a steady, reliable supply of hot water by having a tankless water heater installed. Your local Mr. Electric can upgrade your existing wiring for your new tankless water heater. For electric tankless water heaters, we also offer full installation service!