Trusted Outlet Installation in Riverside, CA
Installing & Replacing Safe & Reliable Electrical Outlets
Your home or business’s current outlets may be outdated or inadequate to power your appliances and electronics safely and reliably. Washers, dryers, ovens, and other heavy-duty appliances must be connected to special outlets, and high-moisture areas can risk your house and family’s safety without appropriate outlets. Mr. Electric of Riverside can keep your home or business safer and verify it meets the latest electrical code with outlet installation services at properties in Riverside, CA & the surrounding Riverside County area. Old outlet replacement resolves many energy-related issues, such as your home’s efficiency, frequently tripping circuit breakers when using appliances, and having enough outlets with sufficient support for all your electronics. Our electricians can install a wide array of outlet options, including GFCIs, 240-volt outlets, and USB outlets. You can bring your home into the modern age with our professional help and impressive outlet selection.
What Outlet Types Can I Install in My Home?
As a homeowner, you have many options when it comes to installing new outlets in and around your domestic spaces. Mr. Electric of Riverside will gladly walk you through the various outlet types to determine which ones fit your needs. Below, we’ve described several outlet examples for you to consider:
- Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets – These outlets sense abnormal current flow and stop the outlet’s electricity flow to protect you and your home. Modern building codes require GFCIs in areas with water hazards, including kitchens, bathrooms, and outdoors.
- Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) outlets – By sensing and stopping power arcs, AFCIs protect your home against fires.
- Switched outlets – You get a half power switch and half power receptacle to let you turn on and off a device easily at the flip of a switch.
- Smart outlets – It’s easy to watch over your home, with smart outlets helping devices connect with each other for better security and convenience. You can use these outlets with smart speakers, smart doorbells, and many other options.
- Child-proof and tamper-resistant outlets – These outlets provide better protection and safety than you get with plastic plug covers. Small children cannot remove the tamper-resistant devices, safeguarding them against shock hazards.
- Two-duplex outlets – You can go beyond the standard two plug spaces by installing two-duplex outlets. This option upgrades you to four plug spaces, which come in handy for home offices, entertainment centers, and kitchen counters.
- USB outlets – Installing a USB outlet gives you the convenience of plugging your USB charger directly into a wall.
- 20-amp outlets – We can enhance your home’s outlets from the standard version to beefed-up 20-amp outlets, bringing your home up to modern building codes. The horizontal slot on the left wire plug indicates a 20-amp outlet, and you can use this option for blenders, toaster ovens, and other high-current kitchen appliances.
- 240-volt outlets – Large appliances like ovens and dryers require 240-volt outlets for adequate electrical support and safe operation. These outlets and the 50-amp versions are the most powerful outlets electricians install in homes nationwide.
Can I Install My Own Electrical Outlets?
Mr. Electric of Riverside strongly discourages homeowners from trying to install electrical outlets themselves. Instead, you should leave this project in the hands of a highly trained electrician to ensure your new outlets work properly and don’t put your home and family at risk of fires and electrocution. Installing an outlet improperly may result in having a useless outlet or make it prone to issues like shorts.
Do I Need to Replace Two-Prong Outlets in My Home?
Two-prong elements don’t have a grounding element, making them more susceptible to shorts. Issues like shorts can damage your electronics and cause house fires, so you should definitely replace these outdated outlets. Furthermore, two-prong outlets have less efficient performance than the latest three-prong outlets, and Mr. Electric of Riverside will gladly update your home to keep you safe and ensure you have reliable power for devices and appliances.
Upgrade Your Outlets With Mr. Electric of Riverside
Mr. Electric of Riverside is a proud service provider in Riverside, helping countless households restore, maintain, and upgrade their electrical systems with new outlets. If you have children, tamper-resistant outlets are an excellent option to keep them safe. Smart outlets and USB outlets can make your home more convenient and secure, letting you plug in and charge your devices and connect various smart electronics like speakers and doorbells. You might not know which outlets work best for your domestic power needs, so we’ll help you wade through the options and determine which ones to install. Our electrical team will work with you to verify your residence conforms to the latest building code requirements and keep your loved ones and electronics safe. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for professional residential outlet installation or replacement.