EV Chargers in Riverside, CA
Local Experts in EV Charger Installation & Service
As more drivers trade in their gas-powered vehicles for electric models, the demand for convenient electric vehicle (EV) chargers has gone up at homes and businesses. If you drive an electric car and would benefit from one of our state-of-the-art home charging station’s convenience and safe operation, Mr. Electric of Riverside’s electrical experts will gladly help you with every step of the process. We have a high-quality selection of charging systems, including the most fully featured and advanced options available. Our technicians also install and service this electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) with exceptional work quality in Riverside, CA, and the surrounding areas. Reach out to us today!
What Is an EVSE Charger for Your Home?
EVSE chargers supply electric energy right in your garage or another approved space around your home to recharge your electric vehicle conveniently. Electric vehicle charging devices are available in three levels, including the following:
- Level 1 Charger – The Level 1 charger is a standard addition when purchasing most electric vehicles. You can plug this device into any regular three-prong outlet at your home. This charging option doesn’t require any installation. However, it charges vehicle batteries much slower than the other charging levels. Level 1 EVSE chargers are ideal if you intend to use them overnight because reaching a full charge can take more than 20 hours to accomplish.
- Level 2 Charger – The Level 2 charger is a little more advanced than the Level 1 option and needs its own 240-volt dedicated circuit. You will need a professional, licensed electrician to install a dedicated circuit in your garage. Fortunately, Level 2 chargers will fully charge your vehicle much faster (around three hours), and the number of electric vehicle manufacturers including Level 2 chargers with new car purchases is growing.
- Level 3 Charger – The Level 3 charger is a standalone device, and you’ve likely seen it at public EV charging stations. This charging option can improve your driving range by adding 160 miles to your vehicle’s battery in around 30 minutes. However, Level 3 chargers feature an industrial-level power draw, so they’re unavailable to homeowners. Installing a Level 3 charger may be possible If you work at or own an industrial building.
Which EVSE Charger Type is the Right One for Me?
You will need to select the right EV charger type according to your driving habits. Many electric vehicle owners can manage their charging needs with Level 1 chargers. However, if you need to recharge your electric vehicle in the middle of the day, installing a Level 2 EV charger may be a better investment for your needs. Mr. Electric of Riverside’s electrical team can guide you through the best EV charger options and help you select the perfect option to install for your unique driving needs.
EVSE Charger Installation Services in Riverside, CA
When you have Mr. Electric of Riverside’s electrical professionals install a Level 2 charger in your home, you can expect our technicians to do all the following:
- Fully inspect all your EV charging equipment before installing it
- Inspect your site to ensure we install all equipment adhering to manufacturer specifications
- Upgrade your home’s electrical system, such as adding a new dedicated 240-volt, 40-amp circuit with 8-AWG wiring to complement a Level 2 charger’s quicker charging ability
- Install your EVSE equipment while conforming to all code/permit requirements by local authorities and the National Electrical Code
- Verify your equipment functions properly in your home’s operational environment
- Provide complete EVSE information to you, including correct usage, equipment features, necessary maintenance, limitations, and warranty terms
Contact Mr. Electric of Riverside Today for Service
Mr. Electric has installed over 7,000 electric vehicle chargers to date. We have years of experience and offer customers a comprehensive portfolio of EV charging options, such as circuit protection equipment and EVSE charging stations. Our selection and expertise touch every part of your installation in Riverside, CA, and the surrounding areas. You can contact Mr. Electric of Riverside’s seasoned professionals today to get a quote and install a new EV charging station at your home or business!