About Electrical Safety Inspections in Warren County, NY
Trusted Electrical Home Safety Inspection Services
Residential electrical systems typically operate under the radar until a problem presents itself. We have become accustomed to having free-flowing electricity in our homes, and it’s common to overlook the maintenance demands of the hidden wires and systems within our walls. Even though it is easy to overlook electrical home safety inspection services, they are important to ensure your home remains safe and compliant. Mr. Electric of Queensbury provides trusted electrical safety inspection services to customers in Warren County, Saratoga County, and Washington County, NY.
The Importance of Regular Electrical Safety Inspections
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has deemed electrical malfunctions the leading cause of property damage in home fires in the United States. Furthermore, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has determined that when smaller appliances are plugged into improper or inadequate wiring, they are the primary cause of accidental electrocutions. Electrical safety hazards can be mitigated with electrical safety inspection services offered by Mr. Electric of Queensbury.
The Purpose of an Electrical Home Safety Inspection
An electrical home safety inspection is a comprehensive overview of your home's electrical system. An electrical safety inspection aims to ensure that your property's wires, components, and electrical systems comply with legal safety codes and regulations. Our service professionals follow the National Electrical Code (NEC) as we follow our electrical home safety inspection checklist to ensure safety and efficiency. Once we've completed your home's electrical safety inspection, our service professionals will provide you with a prioritized electrical safety inspection form that includes upgrade recommendations and areas that require immediate action to help you safeguard your home.
Knowing When to Pursue an Electrical Safety Inspection
There are key times when an electrical safety inspection should be scheduled. The Electrical Safety Foundation suggests that homeowners schedule their electrical home safety inspection at the following times:
- When buying a new home
- When their home is over 40 years old
- When adding a new appliance
- When undergoing home renovations
The Advantages of an Electrical Home Safety Inspection
Staying up-to-date with your home’s electrical safety inspection demands opens the door to an array of advantages, including the following:
- Promotes safe use of the electrical devices and appliances in your home
- Helps to identify electrical mistakes made by previous homeowners or contractors
- Recognizes inadequate or outdated wiring, including knob-and-tube or aluminum
- Identifies deteriorated electrical components and wiring
- Identifies oversized breakers or fuses that pose heightened fire risks
- Facilitates corrections of safety hazards
- Promotes energy efficiency and reduces electricity costs
- Keeps you compliant with insurance risk assessment inspection requirements
Electrical Home Safety Inspection Checklist
Mr. Electric of Queensbury provides comprehensive electrical home safety inspections that we conduct by closely following our electrical panel safety inspection checklist. Our inspection covers the following areas:
- Light bulb wattage verification
- Wall outlet and switch condition and operation
- Electrocution or electrical shock hazards
- Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) verification
- Evaluation of all security and safety lighting
- Grounding system confirmation
- Validation of surge protection performance
- Validation of smoke detector performance and placement
- Testing of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Electrical panel inspection, including electrical safety inspection stickers, labels, amps, and operation
- Electrical safety inspection form with a detailed report of areas of concern and recommendations
How Much Is an Electrical Safety Inspection?
If the electrical safety inspection cost is what is holding you back from ensuring your home is compliant with the latest in electrical safety standards, Mr. Electric of Queensbury is here to assure you that when you rely on our service professionals, you gain access to the most competitive prices and high-quality service. We provide complimentary electrical home safety inspection estimates to keep our customers informed and prepared about their upcoming services.
Secure Your Trusted Electrical Home Safety Inspection
At Mr. Electric of Queensbury, your home should be your oasis, and protection and enhanced electrical safety are of the utmost importance. We provide our trusted electrical home safety inspection services to customers in Warren County, Saratoga County, and Washington County, NY. Contact our friendly team of service professionals today to discuss your home’s electrical safety inspection needs and request your electrical home safety inspection estimate.