Quality Electrical Panel Upgrades in Midland & Odessa, TX
We Can Upgrade Electrical Panels for Your Home or Business
The average residential and commercial properties today have higher electrical demands than ever before. With so many important gadgets and appliances we rely on daily, ensuring your home or business's electrical system can keep up with increasing electrical demands is essential. A properly upgraded electrical panel is the first step to ensuring your electrical system is in tip-top shape.
If your home or commercial building is more than ten years old, your electrical system may be unable to keep up with the increasing demand. At Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa, our licensed electricians upgrade electrical panels so your electrical system can efficiently keep up with the demands of your property. We provide high-quality electrical panel upgrades to home and business owners throughout Midland and Odessa, TX, and the greater West Texas area, including the communities of Andrews, Big Spring, Monahans, and Stanton. Reach out to our team today!
How Do Electrical Panels Work?
Electrical panels are connected to power meters outside homes or buildings, which are connected to your electric company’s main power line. Electrical panels can turn off power to your home or business’s entire electrical system with the flip of a switch. Residential electrical panels are usually found in a home's garage, basement, or utility room and are usually painted gray.
Inside an electrical panel, you’ll see rows of switches that are the circuit breakers that distribute the main power line into smaller branch lines. Labels inside the electrical panel door indicate the locations of the outlets and appliances throughout the property. Some switches are doubled or tripled together because the appliances they power require large electricity loads, such as AC units, washers, and dryers. The switches also have numbers that tell you what amperage the branch line can carry before the breaker switch is tripped and the power supply is shut off.
How Do I Know if I Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade?
Several signs indicate it's time to upgrade the electrical panel in your home or business in Midland, TX. Are your lights flickering? Do you have to turn off certain appliances to use other ones plugged into the same circuit? If you have an old electrical panel, it’s much more likely to malfunction. If your breaker trips often, someone could be shocked.
On the other hand, a breaker that fails to trip may cause fire, smoke, and melted wires from overheating. The licensed electricians at Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa can determine whether it’s time for your electrical panel to be upgraded.
Checking Your Electrical Panel
If your home or commercial building is more than 25 years old or you’re experiencing signs it’s defective, it needs to be inspected by a licensed electrician. Some common signs to look for to see if you need professional upgrades to your electrical panel include:
- You hear crackling sounds from the electrical panel.
- You see corrosion and rust on the circuit breakers.
- The inside of the electrical panel feels warm.
- Appliances aren’t operating at full power.
- Outlets near water sources are not GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters). These outlets stop the electricity if an appliance encounters water, preventing electrocution.
- You’re always using extension cords.
- Your home has 60-amp electrical service.
- Your home has 100-amp electrical service, but it still can’t keep up with the electrical demand.
- Your older home has a fuse block panel or split-bus panel.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace an Electrical Panel?
Commercial and residential electrical panel upgrades are priced individually. The cost to upgrade electrical panels depends on three key factors, including:
- Current Site Conditions – What is the state of the installation site? If work needs to be done to existing wiring or conduits before a safe electrical panel upgrade can be completed, the price of the service will increase.
- Scope of the Project – The cost of your electrical panel upgrade will vary based on the size and complexity of your project. For example, replacing an old fuse box with a modern electrical panel is more costly than installing a small secondary electrical panel for an existing generator.
- Location – Each Mr. Electric location is independently owned, and each local owner sets their own rates. Call your local Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa for estimates on any of our comprehensive electrical services.
Should I Upgrade or Repair My Electrical Panel?
Our licensed electricians will thoroughly inspect your current electrical panel and energy demands to see if you’re a good candidate for repair rather than upgrading to a new system. Some key factors we consider when determining if repair is better than replacement include the age of your current electrical panel, reliability, and safety. Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa offers a broad range of electrical panel repairs, including:
- Circuit breaker replacement
- Circuit breaker installation and upgrades
- Rewiring the electrical panel
- Bus bar replacement
- Relocating the electrical panel due to moisture or other concerns
- And more!
Contact Mr. Electric Today for a Home Inspection
The team of experts at Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa is committed to helping you find the perfect solution for all your electrical panel needs. We're happy to answer any questions about the wide range of electrical services we offer throughout Midland and Odessa, TX, and the surrounding areas, including the Andrews, Big Spring, Monahans, and Stanton communities.
We can do everything from electrical panel installations to upgrades and replacements. You can trust our expert electricians to provide high-quality services on every project we complete. Contact us today to learn more or schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!