Electrical Code Updates & Corrections in Midland & Odessa, TX
Keep Your Property Safe & Compliant With Mr. Electric
It's crucial to ensure your home or business is safe, compliant, and updated with the most current electrical code updates and corrections. When you need to make sure you're compliant, you need help from a professional, licensed electrician. At Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa, we help home and business owners stay compliant while protecting their electrical systems with our expertise in the most up-to-date electrical code updates and corrections throughout Midland, TX and the surrounding areas, including the communities of Andrews, Big Spring, Monahans, and Stanton.
Tens of thousands of house fires and accidents occur every year due to electrical hazards, so it’s essential to keep your property up-to-date on the most current electrical code. Reach out to our team today to learn more about electrical code updates and corrections!
What Are Electrical Code Updates?
The National Electrical Code (NEC) is the singular standard in the United States for safe electrical installation and wiring practices. The NEC is the relied upon directory by licensed electricians for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection because it sets electrical code standards and protects people and property against potential electrical hazards.
The licensed electricians at Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa are highly skilled in applying local and national codes to commercial and residential electrical systems throughout Midland, TX and the surrounding areas. We specialize in residential and commercial electrical code updates, taking compliance seriously to keep all our customers safe.
Staying Informed on Electrical Code Updates
It's essential to ensure the electrical system in your home or business continues running safely and reliably. Part of this involves staying educated and updated on the latest edition of the electrical code. Mr. Electric stays up-to-date on all aspects of the electrical code and applies them to every commercial and residential project we complete, including repairs, replacements, upgrades, and maintenance services.
We Help Midland, TX Customers Stay Compliant
Every three years, modifications are made to the National Electric Code, so having a professional, licensed electrician perform updates on your system is essential for safety and reliability. At Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa, our licensed electricians can assess your home or business for outdated wiring and other issues to follow newly released electrical code updates.
Our professional team is extensively knowledgeable about all the latest code updates, so you can have peace of mind and enjoy all the benefits of ensuring you’re up to electrical code, including:
- We will thoroughly inspect your property to ensure it's up to date on the latest requirements for electrical equipment, wiring, installations, and other aspects of your residential or commercial electrical system.
- We can inspect a home or property before purchasing it to ensure you’re making a safe investment.
- Our updates and corrections service prevents possible delays in the home or commercial property buying process due to electrical issues an inspector finds during the inspection.
- Electrical code updates and corrections protect you against liability issues, injuries, and loss of life from electrical incidents around your residential or commercial property.
10 Important Updates From the 2020 Electrical Code
We recommend scheduling periodic appointments with our team of electricians to ensure your home or business’s electrical system is current on the latest NEC updates. Updates in the code ensure your electrical system functions safely and reliably. All our electrical technicians understand all code updates from the latest 2020 release. If you want to protect your commercial or residential property from potential electrical hazards, you can review our list of the ten most important 2020 NEC electrical code updates here:
- Exterior emergency power disconnect switches must be installed at all new one- and two-family dwellings. This measure is intended to make safer working conditions for emergency responders.
- Service disconnect rules concerning de-energizing panel boards have been altered to improve electrical worker safety; that includes your local Mr. Electric of Midland and Odessa.
- Load calculation tables have been revised to reflect modern improvements in energy efficiency. The change is largely due to the widespread use of LED lighting, which is drastically more energy-efficient than older bulb types.
- A new general requirement has been instituted to cover cables exposed on ceilings and walls.
- Requirements for GFCI protection have expanded to include all 125- and 250-volt receptacles supplied by a single-phase circuit of 150 volts or less to ground.
- All basement receptacles must also have GFCI protection, regardless of whether the basement is finished.
- A new section has been added governing modern Ethernet cables that simultaneously transmit data and electrical power.
- Requirements for solar-generated energy storage continue to be revised to keep pace with evolving home energy storage technologies.
- Surge protection requirements have been enhanced to protect sensitive safety equipment, such as hardwired smoke alarms.
- A new item in the code governs how homeowners may transfer power from electric vehicle (EV) batteries to residential wiring.
Schedule Electrical Code Updates & Corrections Today
We’re committed to helping home and business owners throughout Midland, Odessa, and the surrounding areas, including the communities of Andrews, Big Spring, Monahans, and Stanton, to stay updated on the most current NEC electrical codes and corrections.
Our licensed electricians are highly experienced in applying the latest electrical code updates to residential and commercial properties in the region, and we'll work hard to ensure your electrical system runs safely and reliably and, most importantly, stays compliant. Contact us today to learn more about our electrical code updates and corrections and schedule service at your property!