Electrical Safety Inspection Services
Your electricity runs behind the scenes to allow a great variety of modern creature comforts. However, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical problems are the largest cause of property damage in home structure fires across the US. In addition, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) identifies small appliances plugged into inadequate or improper wiring as the leading cause of accidental electrocutions. These safety hazards can be easily addressed and prevented with an electrical home inspection.
Schedule your electrical safety inspection with your local Mr. Electric® today. You can call us at (844) 866-1367.
What Is an Electrical Home Inspection?
An electrical home inspection provides a thorough examination of your entire electrical system, ensuring all electrical wires, systems, and components (such as appliances) meet legal safety standards. The National Electrical Code (NEC) is the code that all electricians operate under when examining your home, and defines the parameters for minimum standards across the United States. Upon completion of your electrical home inspection, a Mr. Electric® inspector will provide a detailed, prioritized checklist including areas in need of immediate attention, recommendations for improvements, and potential upgrade possibilities.
When Do You Need an Electrical Safety Inspection?
There are specific times when homeowners should schedule an electrical home safety inspection. The Electrical Safety Foundation recommends that homeowners make an appointment for an electrical home inspection at these times:
- When purchasing a home
- When a home is 40 years or older
- When adding an appliance
- When a home has had a major renovation
Benefits of an Electrical Safety Inspection
An electrical home inspection is important for the safety of your home and everyone in it. Getting your home’s electrical system checked by a professional will offer you peace of mind by:
- Ensuring the safe operation of electrical components in your home
- Identifying common electrical mistakes made by contractors and previous DIY homeowners
- Recognizing outdated wiring such as aluminum or knob-and-tube
- Identifying electrical wiring and components that may have degraded over time
- Spotting oversized fuses or breakers that could lead to fire
- Allowing for the correction of fire and safety hazards
- Helping you save energy and reduce costs
- Meeting insurance risk assessment inspections requirements
- Letting you know the electrical in a new home is safe before you purchase it
What Does an Electrical Home Safety Inspection Include?
Your local Mr. Electric knows just what to look for when it comes to residential electrical hazards. An electrical home inspection from Mr. Electric covers:
- Verification of proper light bulb wattage
- Switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Shock or electrocution hazards
- Verification that arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are operating properly
- A check of all safety and security lighting
- Confirmation of grounding systems
- Validation of appropriate surge protection
- Verification of the proper placement of smoke detectors
- Testing of smoke detectors
- Testing of carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspection of the electrical panel for appropriate labels, amps, and operation
- An examination of outdoor electrical systems
- A detailed, prioritized report on all areas of attention concerning the electrical system of your home
Schedule Your Home Electrical Safety Inspection Today
The professionals at Mr. Electric offer electrical safety inspections as part of every service call, at no additional cost to you. Don’t wait – contact us today and ensure the safety of your home and family with an electrical home inspection. Call us at (844) 866-1367 or schedule an appointment online.