Electrical Safety Inspections in Metairie, LA
Put Safety First With an Inspection
It's easy to take electricity for granted. Your electrical wiring runs behind the scenes, bringing you air conditioning, refrigerated produce, and so much more. When everything is running properly, you have little reason to think about your wiring. But when a problem occurs, it's important to take care of it right away. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), electrical problems are a leading cause of house fires and property damage. These fires can start because of improper wiring that can be easily fixed by a professional. Here's where Mr. Electric of North Shore and Metairie comes in. Our team serves Metairie, Covington, and Madisonville, LA, and we're glad to offer electrical home safety inspections to bring you peace of mind.
What Is an Electrical Safety Inspection?
Residential and commercial electrical safety inspections are thorough evaluations of an electrical system. During an inspection, we take a look at all electrical wires and appliances to ensure they meet the legal safety standards under the National Electrical Code (NEC). This set of regulations governs how electricians operate and defines the minimum standards for electrical systems in the United States. After the inspection, your electrician will have a clearer idea of how to improve your electrical wiring and recommend upgrades.
Do I Need an Inspection?
Knowing when to schedule your next residential electrical safety inspection is crucial. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation, it's a good idea to get in touch with a professional if any of these circumstances apply to you:
- You're purchasing a new home
- Your home is older than 40 years
- You're adding an appliance
- You've recently done a major home renovation
Here's How You Can Benefit
The electrical safety inspection cost is well worth all the ways you can benefit from professional service. At Mr. Electric of North Shore and Metairie, we're glad to afford our customers all of these benefits:
- Ensuring your home's electrical components are operating safely
- Identifying and fixing electrical mistakes
- Updating old wiring, such as aluminum and knob-and-tube
- Identifying degraded wiring and components
- Discovering oversized fuses and breakers that increase the risk of fire
- Correcting fire and safety hazards
- Reducing energy costs
- Meeting insurance risk assessment inspection requirements
- Giving peace of mind that a new home's electrical system is safe
What to Expect From Your Inspection
Our team will ensure your Metairie home is free from electrical hazards, thanks to our inspection process. Here's what we cover:
- Proper light bulb wattage verification
- Switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Shock or electrocution risks
- Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) verification
- Safety and security lighting check
- Grounding system confirmation
- Validation of proper surge protection
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide testing
- Electrical panel inspection (labeling, amps, general operation)
- Outdoor electrical system examination
- Detailed reports outlining areas of concern
Make an Appointment Today
At Mr. Electric of North Shore and Metairie, we offer electrical safety inspections as a part of every service call. No extra fees, no extra hassle! Never put off an inspection at your Metairie home. Reach out to our experienced electricians and set up an appointment.