Your Local Source for Circuit Installation in Madison, WI
An Industry-Leading Circuit Install and Update Team
In this day and age, it seems like we add more electronics to our homes every year, from computers and coffee makers to smart home devices and security systems. If the circuits and wiring in your home have not been updated recently, they may not be equipped to handle the electrical load of all your appliances and electronic devices. Mr. Electric of Madison performs circuit installations and upgrades in Madison and Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Our licensed electricians will ensure that your breakers, wiring, and other parts of your electrical system can safely handle the electrical load you need. Learn more about our circuit installation and update services.
What Is a Circuit Upgrade and Why Is It Important?
Each home has several electrical circuits. When a breaker trips, you may notice that power goes out in several outlets and light fixtures at the same time. That is because those electrical fixtures are on the same circuit. You can identify the different circuits in your home by looking at the breakers inside your electrical panel. They will usually be labeled. There might be a circuit for your kitchen and another for your basement.
A circuit update is the task of replacing weak or insufficient parts of your electrical system. For instance, it may include replacing breakers, wiring, outlets, or even light switches. It is important to make these upgrades from time to time because outdated and worn-out parts of an electrical circuit will underperform, costing you in the form of lost energy efficiency. Even worse, compromised parts of an electrical circuit, such as faulty outlets or frayed wires, can be a safety hazard, resulting in fire or electrocution.
When to Upgrade Your Circuits
Knowing when to update and install a new circuit in your home can be difficult if you’re not an electrician like Mr. Electric of Madison. Most of your circuits go unseen on a day-to-day basis. Unless you notice your lights flicker when you turn on an appliance, like a vacuum cleaner, it can be impossible for the average homeowner to know they need a circuit upgrade. Sometimes when you should consider installing a new circuit include the following:
- Overloaded Outlets – When your outlets are routinely overloaded, it’s a sign that your circuit can’t handle the electrical load you need. Most of the time, this will come in the form of tripped breakers. In some cases, fixing overloaded outlets is as simple as a circuit breaker update.
- Specialty Lighting – Installing specialty lighting, such as track lighting, accent lighting, or wall sconce lights, may require the installation of a dedicated circuit.
- Security Systems – If you are getting a new security system, it will certainly make you feel safer at night. However, you may need to install a circuit to handle the security system and prevent it from disconnecting if a breaker trips in another part of your home.
- Appliances – When you are getting a new appliance, like a refrigerator or a chest freezer, you may want to consider installing a new, high-capacity circuit for it.
- Ceiling Fans – Let us install a new circuit for your ceiling fan, allowing you to control the lights and fan separately with the flip of a switch.
- Additional Outdoor Electricity – Adding additional electrical features to the outside of your home, like security lighting, a hot tub, or a new sprinkler system, can take your yard to the next level. It may require a new circuit to handle the additional electrical load.
- Emergency Generator Installation – An emergency generator can keep your lights on during a power outage. You’ll need a professional electrician to wire it into your home’s electrical system, though.
- Home Office Equipment – If you work in a home office, you rely on many electronics to work efficiently. Prevent interruptions caused by tripped breakers by installing a circuit just for your office.
- Home Efficiency Upgrades – You can save money and reduce your environmental footprint by installing energy-efficient upgrades, like solar panels or an EV charger. In order to do so safely, you should let one of our licensed electricians make sure your circuits can handle the additional electrical load.
- Garage or Workshop – When we upgrade the electrical circuits in your workshop, you’ll have the power to use all the tools you need at the same time without worrying about tripping a breaker.
Schedule a Circuit Installation and Upgrade Appointment Now!
Mr. Electric of Madison is proud to serve the Madison and Sun Prairie communities. As part of a franchise with more than 200 locations and almost 30 years in the industry, we know what it takes to provide exceptional service and craftsmanship. At the same time, we have never lost our local work ethic or the personal touch we provide to our clients. As always, we remain dedicated to professionalism, safety, and upfront pricing. Schedule your circuit installation and upgrade appointment today!