Professional EV Charger Installation Services in Garland, TX
We Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Buying an electric vehicle is an exciting investment, but you’ll need to make sure you have the means to charge your new car effectively. Mr. Electric of Garland provides EV chargers installation and service for home and business owners in Garland, TX. Purchasing an electric car is an excellent idea for many reasons. EVs can save you money on gas, get excellent mileage, and improve our environment. However, because you won’t be filling up your vehicle with gas, you need a way to charge its battery. You won’t want to wait almost a day to charge your car at home, and taking it to a public charging station can be a hassle. Our professional electricians offer EV chargers installation service so you can charge your electric vehicle at home quickly and efficiently. Learn more about our home EV charger service, and get in touch with us today to request an estimate.
Why Do I Need an EV Charger?
Your electric car won’t provide you with many benefits if you don’t have a way to charge it. EV chargers work by supplying electrical energy that recharges electric vehicles. Charging stations are dedicated circuits that require the right amount of electricity to charge your electric car, truck, or SUV. EV chargers also require a breaker for safety reasons. Mr. Electric of Garland can help you choose the right type of charger for your garage, and we also install commercial chargers for local businesses that want to provide this service for their employees or customers. We install electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) chargers in Garland, Sachse, and Rose Hill, TX.
Types of EV Chargers We Install
There are three main types of EV chargers available today. Choosing the right charger for your electric vehicle depends on your driving habits, budget, setup, and preferences. Learn about your EV charger options and get in touch with us if you have any questions:
- Level 1 Charger – When you buy an electric vehicle, you will also receive a level one charger with your purchase. These chargers only need a standard three-prong outlet and can be easily used in your garage with no installation required. The drawback of a level one EV charger is that they charge very slowly, taking more than 20 hours to charge a battery fully. These chargers are not very convenient if you drive every day.
- Level 2 Charger – These chargers are the best option for drivers who want to use their EVs every day. Level two chargers require a dedicated 240-volt circuit and professional installation. It will take about three hours to fully charge your electric vehicle using one of these charging stations. Many automakers are now offering level two chargers when you purchase one of their electric cars, but you’ll need professional installation from the team at Mr. Electric of Garland.
- Level 3 Charger – These standalone devices are the ones you’ll see at public charging stations. Level three chargers only need about half an hour to charge an EV battery for 160 miles of driving. Level three chargers cannot be installed at your home because they need an industrial-level power draw. Our team can install a level three charger at your place of business in Texas.
Comprehensive Services for Electric Vehicle Chargers
When you need a professional for home EV chargers installation and service, turn to Mr. Electric of Garland. We’re here to help if you need a level two or three EV charger installed. Do not attempt to install these chargers yourself because working with electricity can be very dangerous, and not doing the job right will result in inefficient performance. Our licensed and insured electricians provide the following services:
- Upgrading your electrical system for a level two or three charger, including a new dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring for a level two charger.
- Comprehensive inspections of all EVSE equipment before the installation process.
- Accurate estimates for EV chargers installation and service costs.
- Inspections of your home or business to ensure all equipment has been installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ensuring all EV equipment meets local permits and code requirements, as well as the National Electric Code.
- Performing start-up inspections to make sure all new equipment is operating correctly.
- Providing our customers with complete EV information, such as equipment features, limitations, correct usage, warranty terms, necessary maintenance, etc.
Schedule EV Charger Installation Today
We’re happy you’ve decided to purchase an electric vehicle, and we want to help you get the most out of it. You don’t have to settle for waiting 20 hours to charge your car or not being able to drive it every day. Our professionals can determine the best type of charger for your needs and ensure you have everything you need to take advantage of your new EV. Contact us today to schedule EV charger installation service or request an estimate.