A successful outdoor event is more than a few laughs and burgers—it’s a safe one. Is your outdoor space safe enough to host the next big BBQ or family get together? Implementing outdoor electrical safety can ensure that your guests are both entertained and protected.
Here are some outdoor electrical safety tips to ensure you’re on the right track for keeping you and your loved ones safe:
- Use GFCIs: To avoid shocks and electrocutions from water, make certain you have ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) installed outdoors for your outlets.
- Install Additional Outlets: If you’re the type who loves snaking that extension cord across your deck while you fire up the grill, consider having additional outlets installed to avoid tripping hazards for children, pets, and adults.
- Follow Manual Warnings: As tempting as it can be to gloss over the instructions on your shiny new appliances, do not overlook the manual warnings that say “not for outdoor use.”
- Unplug Appliances When Not in Use: Make sure that electrical appliances are unplugged and turned off when not in use or unattended. Your beloved gas grill will still be fully operational once it’s plugged in again…we promise.
- Tuck Away Wiring: Move all wiring out of the way of grass or trees to avoid accidentally cutting or fraying any electrical wires.
- Move Indoors When Necessary: If a rainstorm begins while you’re working as a master chef outside on your electric grill, don’t be a hero for the burgers. Stay safe by heading into the kitchen to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Inspect Outdoor Equipment: Don’t kick off barbeque season without getting pools and spas inspected by an electrician who can make sure your backyard is safe and ready for the summer.
- Be Aware of Circuits and Breakers: Make sure you know where electrical circuits and breakers are in case of an emergency. The last thing you need is to be playing hide-and-seek with your circuit breaker box during a power outage.
Ensure that your home is safe inside and out by improving your outdoor electrical safety.
Outdoor fun should be just that: fun with little to no worries about safety shortcomings. Our professionals can determine what you need to stay safe, making your electrical renovations and fix-ups a breeze.
To ensure that you’re operating your outdoor events safely, give us a call at (844) 866-1367.