With the ever-growing transition to solar power usage to provide the needed energy to homes and cities, the United States (U.S.) has installed more solar power in the past two years than in the previous 38 years combined. By early 2014, the U.S. had more than 480,000 solar systems installed, which is enough energy to power roughly 2.4 million U.S. homes.
This is not just an “idea”; it is a movement to a better energy solution. You might be surprised to learn that the U.S. rounds out the top five leading countries in the world in solar power usage. The top five countries are:
- United States
These countries are successful in sustaining the solar power movement because of several factors, including:
- Tax credit to those who use solar energy.
- Relying on solar energy as a larger source of the country’s energy output.
- Constantly growing the solar capacity exponentially each year.
- With more new technology, the prices of solar installation are decreasing in these countries.
- Increasing awareness to the population about the benefits of solar power.
Mr. Electric® and The Dwyer Group® are committed to helping increase the use of solar power by participating in a project called, Light Haiti. The Dwyer Group as a whole is striving to raise $100,000 for solar lights to be delivered in a future mission trip to Haiti. To learn more about Light Haiti, visit this link: https://goo.gl/ZnJHzP.