Emergency preparedness is crucial to ensuring your family stays safe whenever an unexpected storm or power outage happens. In addition to stocking away enough nonperishable food and water, you should always have a backup generator ready to provide electricity for your home if you find yourself without power. Intense storms and other uncontrollable circumstances can take down power lines or otherwise knock out power, leaving you and your family in the dark without a properly working charger, refrigerator, or air conditioner. Fortunately, you can reduce the impact a power outage makes on your home with a generator. At Mr. Electric of Baton Rouge, we have extensive home generator installation and maintenance expertise. We’ll gladly discuss setting you up with a brand-new generator to provide emergency power when your street, neighborhood, or grid fails. Our customers in and around Baton Rouge and Prairieville, LA enjoy the peace of mind knowing you’re ready for a power outage with a backup power supply.
Types of Home Generators
Types of Home Generators
Understanding How a Generator Works
Generators use fuels like gasoline or natural gas to generate electrical power using a heavy-duty recharging battery. When the power goes out in your home, the generator kicks on to ensure your refrigerator, freezer, sump pump, furnace, stove, lights, and air conditioning stay functional. Investing in a residential home generator installation with Mr. Electric of Baton Rouge now will prevent unnecessary trouble and discomfort in all the following situations:
- Blackouts—Louisiana's extreme temperatures can impact your local power grid. In the most severe cases, conditions can make it impossible for the power grid to meet energy demands.
- Inclement Weather—All types of weather can affect power lines, including lighting, heavy winds, tornadoes, and hurricanes. These rough weather conditions can all knock out your power for days.
- Damage from Animals—Damage from animals is the second leading power loss cause, coming in behind inclement weather.
- Natural Disasters—Louisiana's climate produces natural disasters like floods and hurricanes, often causing widespread power outages across the state.
- Car Accidents—A car accident down the street can damage local power lines and cause service interruptions. Make sure you're prepared by installing a generator when an automotive accident knocks out power lines or a transformer.
Residential & Commercial Services
Elevate your electrical safety with our range of services, from inspections to surge protection
Repairs including lighting and electrical, should be performed by a professional electrician
Trust our professionals for all your installation needs including panel upgrades, EVSE, and more
From ballast & bulb replacement to commercial, bathroom & kitchen lighting, we’ve got you covered
Join Our Team
Your Source for Local Home Service Experts
Neighborly brands repair, maintain, and enhance properties — to make life easier and more enjoyable for homeowners. Our consistency and quality work are the basis for everything we do, and are what make us a leader in the home services space, as we constantly strive to "be so remarkable, we become a beloved household name."