Transformer Installation & Repair Services in Chattanooga, TN
Expert Commercial & Residential Transformer Installation
With so many different types of transformers available, you might feel overwhelmed in deciding which one is right for your property. Fortunately, the expert electricians at Mr. Electric of Chattanooga can match you with one that's perfect for your needs. We have years of experience installing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on a wide range of transformers, including troubleshooting for high-tech transformers.
Whether you need a new transformer installed or your current one needs maintenance, we’re here to help. With all the electrical services you need under one roof, we’re the only electrical service provider you need to call for any repair or installation throughout Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding areas, including Hixon, TN and Ringgold, GA. Reach out to our team today to learn more about our transformer installation, maintenance, and repair services!
What Types of Commercial Transformers Are Available?
Transformers provide the essential link between two electrical systems operating at different voltages. They’re a critical energy bridge that allows power to continue flowing so we can use electricity at the flip of a switch. Within the electrical grid, transformers are an essential component. The type of transformer you choose for your property depends on several factors, including your property's electrical capacity, how you intend to use them, and your budget. Mr. Electric of Chattanooga can help you determine the best fit for your electrical system. Some of the most common types of transformers include:
- Liquid-Filled Transformers – These transformers are used in various indoor or outdoor commercial and industrial locations. For outdoor use, they’re filled with mineral oil. Liquid-filled transformers used indoors are filled with high fire point fluids.
- Dry-Type Transformers – These types of transformers allow for a broad range of industrial functions. We can install it near your electrical load, eliminating the need to run expensive cables. Dry-type transformers have low operating and maintenance costs, making them a more cost-efficient option for property owners.
- Cast Coil Transformers – With their high dielectric strength, these transformers can handle a larger amount of electrical stress, overvoltages, and thermal stress. Additionally, they have a long lifespan and require little maintenance. We recommend cast coil transformers in various facilities, including food and beverage, medical, pharmaceutical, automotive, and more.
- Step-Up & Step-Down Transformers – These transformers are used to either increase or decrease how much voltage is transferred through the system.
- Pad-Mounted Transformers – Underground power distribution systems use these transformers because they’re flexible, have a low-profile design, and don’t require a protective barrier because they’re already insulated. We recommend these transformers for various places, including schools, office buildings, restaurants, and retail spaces.
- Isolation Transformers – With an isolation transformer, you can connect two appliances without directly feeding power from one device to the other. These are typically used when people need to keep their equipment away from its power source for safety.
- Toroidal Transformers – This type of transformer doesn’t change frequency when transferring electricity from one circuit to the other. Through electromagnetic induction, toroidal transformers reduce physical size, losses, and switch-mode power supply weight.
- Buck Boost Transformers – These transformers are a great choice to buck (decrease) or boost (increase) small voltage amounts to power various lighting installations.
- Custom Transformers – Electricians can design custom transformers to meet your electrical system’s size and performance needs.
Transformer Repair & Transformer Maintenance Services
Performing preventative maintenance and upkeep on your transformer is significant to the safety and reliability of your business. You can count on Mr. Electric of Chattanooga to be your one-stop shop for transformer repair and maintenance services.
Schedule Transformer Installation, Repair & Maintenance Today
When you need professional transformer installation, repair, or maintenance services for your property in Chattanooga, our licensed electricians can help. We’re happy to answer any questions, whether you’re interested in an estimate for transformer installation services or want to learn more about our repair and maintenance processes. You can count on us to provide solutions for all your electrical needs throughout Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding areas, including Hixon, TN and Ringgold, GA. Contact us today to request an estimate or schedule an appointment for our professional transformer services!