EV Charger Installation Services in Saint Paul, MN
Meet Our Team of Licensed EV Charger Installers
All electric vehicle (EV) owners need to consider their at-home charging options. The speed and efficiency at which you can charge your EV will have a massive impact on your ability to enjoy your EV ownership experience. Mr. Electric of St. Paul offers EV charger installation services in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and the Twin Cities area. Installing a dedicated, high-performance EV charger in your home can increase your charging speed, allowing you to get around with more freedom. Learn more about our EV charger installation services.
What Is a Home EV Charger?
You have probably noticed the public charging stations at shopping centers, grocery stores, and other commercial buildings. If you’re new to the world of EV charging, you might be less aware of home EV chargers. Most EV owners have some type of charger for their vehicle at home, but the quality, type, and speed of their charger can vary. That is why many EV owners turn to professionals for EV station installation within their homes.
How Are Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Chargers Different?
If you have started looking into installing an EV charger in your home, you may have been confused by the different “Levels” of chargers. EV chargers come in three basic categories: Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. The first step when deciding to install a charger in your home is to understand these different types of chargers. The differences between these chargers include the following:
- Level 1 Charger – This is the most basic type of charger. Most electric vehicles will come with a Level 1 charger at the time of purchase. Level 1 chargers plug into a standard three-pronged outlet. So, no installation is required. However, Level 1 chargers are also the slowest options, often taking more than 20 hours to fully charge your car’s battery.
- Level 2 Charger – The next step up is a Level 2 charger. Level 2 chargers can charge EV batteries much quicker than Level 1 chargers, often fully charging a battery in just three hours. However, a Level 2 charger requires its own dedicated 240-volt circuit, which you will need a professional electrician to help you install.
- Level 3 Charger – DC fast chargers, this type is not available for home installation. Level 3 chargers are most commonly found in public charging stations at commercial properties. They are capable of adding 160 miles of driving range in just half an hour. We can install a DC fast charger at any commercial property.
Which EV Charging Station Should I Install in My Home?
Selecting the right type of EV charger is not too difficult for most EV owners. Some people may be satisfied with a Level 1 charger if they don’t drive very much. However, if you plan to be an EV owner for the foreseeable future, you will most likely want to upgrade to a Level 2 charger at some point. The additional convenience of faster charging will make your EV ownership significantly more enjoyable and worth the investment. Mr. Electric of St. Paul is here to help you with your Level 2 electric car charger installation whenever you are ready.
What to Expect When Working With Mr. Electric of St. Paul
When we help you install an at-home EV charger, you can expect a thorough and diligent installation process. From inspecting your home’s electrical system to checking the equipment after installation, we will walk you through every step of the process. When you work with us to install your EV charging station, you can expect the following:
- A thorough inspection of your electrical system before we start the installation
- All equipment will be installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications
- Upgrading your electrical system with a new, dedicated 40-amp, 240-volt circuit with 8-AWG wiring
- Checking to ensure every part of the installation meets the standards of the National Electrical Code, all local permits, and local code requirements
- A final inspection after the installation to ensure the charger is working properly
- An in-person tutorial explaining how to use your charger, maintain it, and answer questions about usage, warranty terms, and limitations
Schedule an EV Charger Installation Appointment Now!
Owning an EV can be an exciting and rewarding experience, saving you money and reducing your impact on the environment at the same time. Let us make your journey into EV ownership easier and more enjoyable by installing your home charging station. Our licensed electricians have installed countless EV chargers in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and the Twin Cities area. Schedule your EV charger installation appointment today!